Odometer gear replacemnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odometer gear replacemnt

Does anyone know what it might cost to get the odometer gear replaced in a 98 gt? Thought I might go ahead and get white faces put on at the same time. Thanks in advance Richard

Both gears run @ $50, is guess labor at hour to hour and half, I've done a couple sets

Comment

Save urself the money and and find a YouTube video that shows you how to do it. Should not take more than an hour

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

It is super easy to do yourself. Just make sure not to use petroleum based grease on the new gears or you will be replacing them again soon.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Thanks guys guess Ill give it a try

Comment

check this out. don't do the gauges. just swap the back lights to LED's looks better and not as cheap looking as the face coverings for the mustangs. plus you don't have to worry about messing up the needles on the gauges when installing the white overlay, and no extra wires to run. check out the link for pics.

98 gt
            4.6L General Discussion - Finally did the L.E.D. gauge cluster!!! - So I finally got around to doing the LED gauges. Gotta say, it turned out pretty nice and only costed me $15 http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n124/catch_15/21572_778168362330_12933041_4278546.jpg...
            Last edited by jnobles06; 09-22-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
              check this out. don't do the gauges. just swap the back lights to LED's looks better and not as cheap looking as the face coverings for the mustangs. plus you don't have to worry about messing up the needles on the gauges when installing the white overlay, and no extra wires to run. check out the link for pics.

98 gt
              http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-...e-cluster.html
              Awesome, wish I would have seen this before, I just replaced my cluster and that would have been the perfect time.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                Awesome, wish I would have seen this before, I just replaced my cluster and that would have been the perfect time.
                yeah it only cost like 20 bucks and the results were awesome. just pull it again. it only takes like 30 min to do the swap.

Comment

Working...
                X