4.6 Cams question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.6 Cams question

What cams would you recommend for a stock 4.6? It's a 2000 GT N/A with 5Speed...but planning on putting a small shot of NAWSSS in the future. T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
    What cams would you recommend for a stock 4.6? It's a 2000 GT N/A with 5Speed...but planning on putting a small shot of NAWSSS in the future. T.I.A
    cushman stage 2.5s
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

stock
      2011 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

stock
        X2!

No need to change cams for a small shot of juice...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I just want the cammed sound....for my DD
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
            cushman stage 2.5s
            or stage 2's. They LOVE the juice especially if you can get some compression with a big bore or stroker later.

Had my CMS 2's going on 6 years and they are awesome in the race car. 2.5's and larger can be a little finicky in a street car but a good tuner can fix most of that.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              or stage 2's. They LOVE the juice especially if you can get some compression with a big bore or stroker later.

Had my CMS 2's going on 6 years and they are awesome in the race car. 2.5's and larger can be a little finicky in a street car but a good tuner can fix most of that.
              Thanks...Yeah I got the big bore on the block already just not a stroker

Comment

Thanks...Yeah I got the big bore on the block already just not a stroker
                I am scraping pennies together for new heads which will ultimately require new cams...meaning my heads and cams should be for sale soon. Well used but if you are interested and the stars align, shoot me a PM to see if I have them off the car yet.

Comment

actually, what are you building? I have been tossing around the idea of selling my longblock oilpan to intake....would sit well in that engine bay and I would include the computer/tune to go with it. It would LOVE juice! Won't be cheap but it's a drop in deal!

304 aluminum big bore with around 11.8 compression. needs good gas.

makes 324/338.

I could then start an aluminum 408 build! Yay!

Comment

actually, what are you building? I have been tossing around the idea of selling my longblock oilpan to intake....would sit well in that engine bay and I would include the computer/tune to go with it. It would LOVE juice! Won't be cheap but it's a drop in deal!

304 aluminum big bore with around 11.8 compression. needs good gas.

makes 324/338.

I could then start an aluminum 408 build! Yay!
                    Nothing special, I have a car I'm currently building which will be my track car....my pops rebuilt my engine and bored it out...car runs good just want some small cams to get the rough idle is all...what kind of cams would you be selling?

Comment

Nothing special, I have a car I'm currently building which will be my track car....my pops rebuilt my engine and bored it out...car runs good just want some small cams to get the rough idle is all...what kind of cams would you be selling?
                      CMS stage 2's I have now. I've been told they may work with the TFS heads to reach the numbers I want, but I might get greedy and just get some big ol' sticks to see what I can get to.

Comment

CMS stage 2's I have now. I've been told they may work with the TFS heads to reach the numbers I want, but I might get greedy and just get some big ol' sticks to see what I can get to.
                        Will these work with stock heads? if you sale I might be interested!

Comment

Working...
                        X