No announcement yet.

Straight 6 out of a 96 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My uncle's dad who was one of the top engineers at the Kansas city plant put it this way:

They will last forever, if you can stand them
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I came across a deal on a 95' LWB a few months back...4.9/5-spd, 120K original miles...belonged to a WWII vet that had just passed....really nice interior, cold AC, etc. I just had to buy it...have been daily driving it for a while...great truck, not a power house but will still pull my car trailer when I need it to...gas mileage is crap though.

Originally posted by Rustang View Post
      ... Years ago, a guy told me anything they make for sbc's, they make for Ford 300's His had a 4bbl, headers, ect. They used to run them in Comp Eliminator, really wild stuff, 7's in the 1/4, no juice or turbos.
      Originally posted by barronj View Post
      I figured they were probably a good motor, crazy to think what a built inline 6 is capable of.

Thanks for the replies.
      Listen to this crazy thing....
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Keep and eye on the Maverick, skip to 1:00 ish.

This one has engine shots, but mute the music unless goat-roping redneck drivel is your forte'.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I have a 300 on the stand right now ready to go back in the my truck, I am torn between adding a turbo and propane or just leaving it slow...

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Try Clifford Research for hop up parts.

Comment

Back in the 70's and 80's I ran a Sears Service Center. All our trucks (E150 Vans) had 302's and 300 6's. The six cylinder trucks were automatics. They all led a rough life in stop and go all day everyday as appliance service vehicles. In 25 years we never pulled a pan or head. Replaced a 302 in a pickup at about 250,000 miles. Had to do a motor so we could keep the pick-up as the brains in Chicago said a pick-up was not a vehicle that was very useful. With leaders like that, do you see now why Sears lost out ? The Ford 6 is a very dependable and bullet proof motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                Listen to this crazy thing....
                Holy crap, that thing sounds awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X