SCT chips w/Bama tunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
    We went up there a second time, and it still didn't get fixed. That's all water under the bridge anymore though, I just want the CEL gone now. So, is there a way to do it "remotely" so to speak? that was more my question than the part you answered.
    They should be able to email a revision if they still have the tune on file. Don't know if you are able to pull a tune off your handheld and send to anyone, don't think it works like that.

You can get email tunes from a place like VMP or Lasota for about 50-60 bucks. Tell them your mods and then they will email. Assuming its just a bolt on car though

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
      They should be able to email a revision if they still have the tune on file. Don't know if you are able to pull a tune off your handheld and send to anyone, don't think it works like that.

You can get email tunes from a place like VMP or Lasota for about 50-60 bucks. Tell them your mods and then they will email. Assuming its just a bolt on car though
      Cool, that's the answer I was looking for initially. it's not like I can't just mail the thing to them, since it's not constantly plugged into the car.

Comment

Some of the subsequent posts in this thread are rather interesting. When you post a question or concern, you should take the time to read all the replies. You just might over look the answer, if you quickly elide over the posts. I'm sitting you guys go back and forth over how to "remotely" fix the tune, etc...

See post#23 by chance? Pretty much addresses a couple of queries I've seen posted here. Note that little icon that says LiveLoadFord in the screenshot I took of my tune file directory? They email you the tune file and you drop it in the tuner. For example, a tune file for a 99-04 CHH3 strategy PCM would end in .cef. You then just simply select the slot (how many depends on firmware) and overwrite the existing file. Just like there is software to force unlock a VIN married handheld tuner. Which is what I had to do on my older SCT when my Mustang got totaled, so I was able to sell the damn thing.

And Bama will tune for cams, nitrous, etc.... If you have an ounce of assertiveness, what you can do is run datalogs after each subsequent tune and send it to them for review. Then return the datalog back to the vendor/tuner to get a more precisely tweaked tune file.

Oh, and there is a pretty smart group of guys at morepowertuning that do almost all of there modification re-tunes based exclusively off of datalogs. You make a request for a change or even some troubleshooting, then they will tell you how to and in what manner they wish you to execute your datalog file. You email it to then, they dial it in and email it back. They did a pretty good job on tuning via datalogs on an aquantenance of mine '05 GT with a Vortech s/c. A/F dialed in spot on. And IMHO, this is the best route to take anyway. Real time street datalogs will show you that a car does indeed run leaner on the street than on most dynos.

Comment

Post #23 says that Bama emailed you revisions and you uploaded that to your handheld. How does that help the OP? He has to get a chip and if he wants revisions, pull out and send back to them. I think you can get a good tune through datalogging and such but would be a PIA with a chip and not worth it.

Bama will tune for cams/blower/nitrous but there are several exceptions based on the car and equipment used on it. This was stated earlier in the thread as well

Comment

I had no idea VMP was that inexpensive. But apparently so - http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=165&parent=96 You can get 2/99 or 3/129...if you needed that many.
            Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              I have talked to them before, and could be a possibility, but they are a looooong way from me. I'm south of Dallas.
              Bring it to me.

Bama chips is Mike wilson just fyi. He moved to the big leagues.

Comment

Post #23 says that Bama emailed you revisions and you uploaded that to your handheld. How does that help the OP? He has to get a chip and if he wants revisions, pull out and send back to them. I think you can get a good tune through datalogging and such but would be a PIA with a chip and not worth it.

Bama will tune for cams/blower/nitrous but there are several exceptions based on the car and equipment used on it. This was stated earlier in the thread as well
                It wasn't necessarily aimed at the OP. I use to reflash my old Autologic chip with an EPROM programmer and software. I'm sure it will get take care of. No big deal either way.

Comment

Working...
                X