piston compression disatnce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston compression disatnce

how well would a 1.10 compression distance be for nitrous on a 434 stroker? i have no idea! Just trying to figure it out. with my heads, it would be about 14.0 : 1 compression.

thanks

Originally posted by badass88gt View Post
    how well would a 1.10 compression distance be for nitrous on a 434 stroker? i have no idea! Just trying to figure it out. with my heads, it would be about 14.0 : 1 compression.

thanks
    How are you getting a 1.10 cd?
    My 434 had a 1" cd and a ran the hell out of it. Eventually it would start lifting the ring lands. I had a single fogger with 30/28 pills and usually got about 75 to 90 passes before they started lifting. Only burned it twice but once wasa fuel pump going out and the other, well that was my fault.
    I was running right at 15 to 1 also.

Comment

thats the compression height of the piston

Comment

srp 140689 is the piston part number

Comment

Depending on your head CC. It will come out at around 13:1 with a. 041 gasket thickness. That's with a 60cc head. With a 58cc head it comes ut to 13.3:1 compression.

Comment

Also that's not dynamic compression. Depending on your can timing it could be lower. That s your static compression.

Comment

what about nitrous, are those pistons ok for nitrous?

Comment

You need to find a stroker kit. Mix matching is not a good idea...especially if you are not sure what you are doing.
                Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Never mind I was thinking Chevy that's why I couldn't figure out how you were coming up with 1.10
                  They will work fine just depends on how much shit you throw on it and how good your tune is. If it's too much or you're off you will know real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                    You need to find a stroker kit. Mix matching is not a good idea...especially if you are not sure what you are doing.
                    the motor is allready built

Comment

Working...
                    X