Bigger valves in p heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger valves in p heads?

I was wondering if anyone has tried this or what you guys are running. Had a gasket leak in the lower intake and since its off i am consider getting bigger valves. Just wondering what size may fit on there and how big of an increase in power i may see. They are currently home ported with a matching lower intake. Aluminum heads arent really in the picture anytime soon so im trying to get the most out of the p's Thanks in advance!

personally....
    buy the time you have the work done to the heads your out enough money to buy a better set of heads,unless you can do all the work yourself.
    "P" heads will work just fine the way they are,they were not a joke back in their day.

Comment

Do you know about how much bigger valves may cost me? I dont really have a lot of money to drop on some aluminum heads that may require other parts like push rods etc.

Comment

the answer to your question all depends on your goals with the car. If you never plan to have it over 300rwhp and dont plan to boost it, i would say go ahead. As far as cost effectiveness goes.... i would say wait for a good set of alum heads to pop up... can you really justify the cost of getting bigger valves in the gt40p heads when people like me are selling 1.94/1.6 valve alum heads for sub $800??? Think about the goal for the car, then try to justify where you are spending the money.
        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

I was planning on one day going with aluminum but not anytime soon since i cant afford to drop a big amount of money all at once. Upgrading the valves was something i was considering since its something i can do now if i could get a good price and i was trying to get the most out of the p's since aluminums arent in the future anytime soon. I got a good deal on the heads and have spent about 400-500 total with springs, portwork, milling and valve job so i havent spent too much on them. Do you think hp increase would be largely noticeable from the stock valves?

Comment

If you are running NA only just leave them alone your not gonna get the gain you think don't waste your money. If you are gonna run a power adder (Nitrous since your on a budget) then change only the exhaust valves that is where you will see good gain. I have done this with results. Go with 1.6 exhaust valves I don't know what pistons or cam you have but you should not have any clearance issues it is usually the larger intake valve that causes issues. This is the same as running more lift/duration on exhaust side of a power adder cam. Hope this helps, good luck.
            sigpic

Comment

Yea i will most likely be spraying. What kind of a gain did you see/ feel?

Comment

Dude, save up for some aluminum heads. They're not expensive.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                X