Datalogging with Xcal3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datalogging with Xcal3?

Can it be done if the car already has a chip in it? Car in question is an 04' cobra, but has a 4 bank SCT chip in it. I just want to be able to datalog and pull codes. Can it be done?

Also, does the computer have to be a windows based or can I use my Mac?
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

I'm pretty sure you can. Don't know about using a mac though.
    03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

I'm not sure about data logging with the chip, but I had a XCal and captured data logs successfully on my Windows Vista laptop using the SCT Live Link software. You just need to have the right cable that connects the tuner to the laptop. You pull up the PID list and choose what you want to log. Don't choose too many sensors at once, if you want accurate data. I would choose Timing, Fuel Rail Pressure, ECT, and Load% on one batch with the sampling rate as high as it would go. Then I would do Trans Temp, Convert Lock up, and MAF voltages on the second batch with the sampling same as above. I used LiveLoadFord to upload any new or modified files that I got back from the tuner via email.

Give it a try. If it's a Ford XCal, it should data log live sensor data, even with a chip.

Comment

That's what I figured, but I think that the bigger question is will it work with a MAC.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

You need some software from SCT on the laptop. I don't know if SCT released a Mac version. I used to data log with my Xcal 2.
          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Only way to Datalog with a MAC is if it is a Dual Boot Mac with the Intel Processor and also have Windows Installed.

More than likely Livelink will not recognize the strategy of the PCM and not datalog properly with the Chip. I have seen a few instances where it will work, typically with other brand chips.

SCT does sell a small cable adapter that plugs in between the OBDII Port and the XCal3 Cable. This blocks off one of the pins in the OBDII Port and allows the Software to work correctly. ( That pin has a feedback voltage that hinders data tranfer )

Comment

Working...
            X