1967 Volvo Power Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Volvo Power Issues

I have a buddy with a '67 Volvo that is getting absolutely no power. When the ignition is turned on or to accessory it gets no cluster lighting or anything - completely dead. While we followed the wires and checked everything over to make sure nothing was out of place the instrument panel would light up a few times but when you try to turn the ignition it turned off immediately.

The battery has 12 volts, the ignition switch was replaced and no wires looked cut or frayed. When we checked the ignition switch voltage it was .30, not sure what this should be but it seems low.

I thought it was the ignition switch due to it going on and off but after replacing it had the same results. Figured it could possibly be a connection issues and messed with the wires and no noticeable difference.

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, etc?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Always check the grounds.
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I think we checked those too but ill give them another look over. The car was starting/running fine a week ago. It was turned off and never wanted to turn back on..
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Put some nitrous and a greddy exhaust sytem on it!
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

My roommate had a 67 volvo....pretty sure he said it wasn't a 12 volt system.

Glorified tractor engines.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
            My roommate had a 67 volvo....pretty sure he said it wasn't a 12 volt system.

Glorified tractor engines.
            Why do 1/2 the students at UNT have a volvo?
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I want one of those cars in a bad way.

Comment

In my years of experience, I have found, that people that buy a Volvo need too!
                After all they are the "safest cars on the road".

That's why 1/2 the students at UNT have a volvo. Also, they can't drive!

To the original op, back in the deep dark recesses of my brain, I seem to remember a round black connector they had problems with

Comment

Working...
                X