• Show
Clear All

• h pipe or x pipe

Which has a better small power gain.

Originally posted by purple 5.OH View Post
    Which has a better small power gain.
    what does that even mean?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

X has more power, but doesn't sound as good.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

H pipe = better sound and low end grunt
        X pipe= raspy sound and better high rpm hp
        2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
        Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
        Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
        Speedlogix Catch Can
        Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
          H pipe = better sound and low end grunt
          X pipe= raspy sound and better high rpm hp
          So is it more preference to which one to have?

Comment

Google
            1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

It's all a matter of personal perference. I like the sound of the x pipe better myself, especially at high rpm's it sounds really good. Most of the people who don't like an x pipe hear it with chambered mufflers behind it, and no, it doesn't sound quite as good that way. I have spintech mufflers and its something different from every other 5.0 out there.

Go to the track and listen to some cars like yours. When you find one that you like ask them what the setup is.
              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Ok cool thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  X has more power, but doesn't sound as good.
                  I depends on what people like, X's sound good to me....except with SLP LMIIs, then they sound ricey lol
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Crapstang....although i know the difference between x and h will vary mainly in opinion by sound, the sound of a resonator/muffler can change drastically given any displacement, heads, headers, compression. So dont base you opinion an exhaust setup made by those who put a open exhaust setup on a na 306 and assume its going to sound the same as a 363 ysi. That x with lm 2's will sound alot better

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                      Crapstang....although i know the difference between x and h will vary mainly in opinion by sound, the sound of a resonator/muffler can change drastically given any displacement, heads, headers, compression. So dont base you opinion an exhaust setup made by those who put a open exhaust setup on a na 306 and assume its going to sound the same as a 363 ysi. That x with lm 2's will sound alot better
                      LMII's with X and LTs sound like trash in my opinion. Crapstang had a 99 cobra with them. It doesn't matter what engine is in front of it; its extremely loud.
                      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

X-pipe + chambered mufflers = ear sex
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

With an x pipe it also depends on the mufflers you run too. I ran a x pipe years ago, when they first came out, I had flowmaster 2 chambers, and they popped alot, I like the sound though. Now with my current car, I have a x pipe and pro dumps and it just sounds like a h pipe car. My favorite sound is Hooker Long tubes, a pro chamber h pipe, and 2 chamber flows. That is a sexy sound.
                          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                            LMII's with X and LTs sound like trash in my opinion. Crapstang had a 99 cobra with them. It doesn't matter what engine is in front of it; its extremely loud.
                            I agree. The mod motors with lm dsnt sound good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                              lm2s and lm1s are pretty much an excuse of a muffler/res. They are almost like going straight pipe lol, so it's gonna be loud obviously.

Screw this X/H twin exhaust "muscle car" trash. I'm getting a full greddy exhaust kit and going single 3inch, sideways exit for +6hp
                              Originally posted by Buzzo
                              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X