Inspection requirements mostly stock 04 Mach 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection requirements mostly stock 04 Mach 1

I have a mostly stock 04 Mach 1 that I am actually trying to sell but need to get it inspected. The engine light had been on so I used the SCT xcal2 tuner I have to check the codes and reset the computer. It had a random misfire code P0300 which has now completely gone away because I think I just had some bad gas or something and the car has never missed a beat as far as I can tell. After driving it around the engine light has stayed off but the P1000 code is still in it along with a P0442 code for a slight EVAP leak. But since the engine light is still off I was thinking those codes shouldn't fail me. The car only has 25,000 miles so I know there can't be any weird leaks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I think I might just keep the car since I think I would have to give it away! There are some really good deals out there.

Sounds slow
    Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
    03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Juers titz ??
      Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
      03gt intech POWA!

Comment

If the check light comes back on they won't even hook up to the car to do the test. If I remember correctly the last time I got an inspection the inspector said 4 of the 5 bank have to be clear.

Comment

You can have no more than one not ready and it will pass if evap is the only one it should pass , just make sure the rest say ready .
          The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Cool, thanks. I couldn't believe the OBD II site said I had to drive around steady throttle with at least a 1/2 tank of gas, preferably 3/4 tank for a while to get the P1000 code to go away! Not a big deal but did they really have to put that one in there.

And yes, it is slow but really nice for a fair weather daily! I plan to get a tune from VMP (where the SCt tuner I have came from) once Christmas is paid for...in a couple months. I am probably keeping it and already have an X-pipe and and the cold air intake, not that it will be fast then. Of course, needs an Eaton swap one of these days!!!

Comment

P1000 is a code that doesn't mean aything as far as inspections go. You can only have one not ready as stated. If a p0442 code is pending it will fail. Trick is reset light drive car with the fuel tank at less than 1/4 tank or more than 3/4 tank and it will not run the evap mointor. Then go drive the car at 60mph for 8 min don't go above 65 or below 55 . This will put it through a drive cycle and clear most of the monitors all except evap and egr .
              89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

I thought that may be the case, thanks. I'll just have to do a search to find out why the EVAP would be showing a slight leak. Supposedly that is what the code means.

Comment

Originally posted by AB04Mach1 View Post
                  I thought that may be the case, thanks. I'll just have to do a search to find out why the EVAP would be showing a slight leak. Supposedly that is what the code means.
                  These may be helpful for you.

Remove the 8mm screw for the filler neck and loosen the 13mm bolts for the gas tank straps. The tank can then be lowered enough to pull the filler neck out. Remove the old seal and install the new …

Evaporative leak detection using a smoke machine, visual inspection, including phase one, phase two and the use of a scan tool for verifying...

Comment

Low mileage older car go ahead and put a OE gas cap on it ( it's cheap ) . Check all soft lines for broken clamps and if you still don't find it pay for a smoke test .
                    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

The car only has 25,000 miles so I know there can't be any weird leaks.
                      Words of inexperience.

Comment

Reefer Rae:
                        Good idea. My last car was a 63 Galaxie that I put a 514 in, shoulda kept it but it was just not something I could drive daily at 6 mpg!

Skidonenko: True, being an older car with such low mileage means it sat alot. And it had an entirely different fuel system and drivetrain in it at one time. The car was running high 10s with a built 4.6 and a 100 shot. Previous owner put it all back to stock then sold off everything, including the car. It has 25,000 miles, but A LOT of those miles were put on 1/4 mile at a time! Since I put the head cooling mod on it when I did the clutch I hope to be able to buy an Eaton swap some time soon.

Comment

Reefer Rae: Skidonenko: True, being an older car with such low mileage means it sat alot. And it had an entirely different fuel system and drivetrain in it at one time.

Means it could have weird leaks all over the place, a rolled oring in a fitting, fuel pump seal, something chaffed somewhere. Yes its good to start simple with a fuel cap and you may not have issues with dust getting into the lines/solonids of something driving on white rock roads. Ive seen almost brand new cars with split lines, cracked tee's even the pressure sensors can leak. Quickest way to figure it out past the obvious gas cap and making sure everything is seated visually is a smoke test along with running the evap test with the factory scan tool (a high dollar aftermarket one may also)
                          Ford even had an issue with the 05-ups with the fuel pump causing too much vapor in the tank that get interpreted as a EVAP leak. Im not saying your car is an odd ball situation but to say a low mileage car cannot have and odd problem is a bit ignorant. (not calling anyone stupid here)

Comment

I love the dodge/chrysler /jeep p0440's easiest hour in the world next to p0420/430

Comment

Working...
                            X