Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roush Stage 3 Mustangs (01-04). Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roush Stage 3 Mustangs (01-04). Yay or nay?

Im been looking to get in a new edge Mustang and was looking at Mach 1s and Cobras, but then ran into one of these. They seem to be a nice overall package for what you get and go for Mach 1 money.

I know they have Cons such as its a 2v, but for some reason they've caught my attention after seeing some old reviews of them on youtube.

how much are you wanting to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
      how much are you wanting to spend?
      $14-16k, found one at that price with 40k miles. I would like a Cobra, but they are higher mileage at that price range. I know the Cobra has way more potential, but Im not looking for a horsepower monster. Just something that is quick and nice to drive on the weekend. I also like that these things are really rare, I think less than 1,000 were built yearly for those years?

Comment

I've never really been a fan of Saleen or Roush. Mostly because their hideous bodykits. Shelby I hate on a whole other level.
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I like them but have no real input on them, sorry.
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I don't know anything about the 01-04 Roush stuff but I like my 05 Roush a lot.

Comment

Just get the higher mileage cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                Just get the higher mileage cobra.
                ^ this.

with that puny little M90 roots blower you're not gonna see too much from that Stage 3.
                2011 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

Nay, you can get terminators for the same price, with out the rice.

^deals like this are all over the net
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

be wary if the roush has the full roush/alcon brake package....parts and pads are VERY expensive if you can find them at all. Stage3motorsports.com is about the only place to find the. rotors are $600/pr for the front, rears are $120 ea. Specialized parts that aren't made or stocked anymore will kill you if you have to replace them. Insurance companies probably know that too so it will be higher.

Just things to think about.

Comment

roush is a bunch of bullshit on 99-04. Buy a 03 cobra or a mach 1

Just sold a 03 cobra today for $16k

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                        I've never really been a fan of Saleen or Roush. Mostly because their hideous bodykits. Shelby I hate on a whole other level.
                        Coming from a guy with svo side exhaust and cobra r hood and knock off cobra r wheels. Saleens look pimp.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                          Nay, you can get terminators for the same price, with out the rice.

^deals like this are all over the net
                          The mileage is twice as much and that's my dilema. Pros n Cons between the Roush Stage 3 and Cobra for the same price.

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                          be wary if the roush has the full roush/alcon brake package....parts and pads are VERY expensive if you can find them at all. Stage3motorsports.com is about the only place to find the. rotors are $600/pr for the front, rears are $120 ea. Specialized parts that aren't made or stocked anymore will kill you if you have to replace them. Insurance companies probably know that too so it will be higher.

Just things to think about.
                          I have thanks! I registered on fnsweet.com and I've started reading up on these cars.

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                          roush is a bunch of bullshit on 99-04. Buy a 03 cobra or a mach 1

Just sold a 03 cobra today for $16k
                          Why do you say its a bunch of BS? I can understand saying that regarding the Stage 1/2 models, but the Stage 3 and 380r versions are very nice and overall balanced cars.

Like I said before its will not be a hp monster like the 03/04 Cobra, but I'm looking at the overall package of the car. The owner added a pulley (making 8psi total), CAI and exhaust, and its making 400 rwhp. That's a lot of power for someone who's never owned a car with that much power lol.

Comment

I personally like Roush, always have. That's why I went with my 427R over the 2011 5.0, wanted something different that you don't see everyday.

Check out Fnsweet.com, it's a Roush Forum Site. I've gotten tons of great info from there.

Definitely Stage 3 as long as it's legit are nice

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                              Like I said before its will not be a hp monster like the 03/04 Cobra, but I'm looking at the overall package of the car. The owner added a pulley (making 8psi total), CAI and exhaust, and its making 400 rwhp. That's a lot of power for someone who's never owned a car with that much power lol.
                              I have a 2V car with over 500RWHP, and that's before the nitrous. I NEVER drive it anymore because it's just too quick to cruise around in and have fun. I wish I had stopped at 400ish power and then would have a nice, quick street car. If you like the looks of the Roush, the fact that there aren't many of them, and you can swing the price of replacement parts like brakes, then go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X