Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump

Looking for a fuel pump and after reading that you should stay away from autozone pumps I think I may just try to get a better quality one that can handle more power.. Looking through some websites of the advertisers on here I cant seem to find any fuel pumps.

I have an 02 GT and just looking for a decent fuel pump.. any recommendations? Im not planning on going crazy with this car but maybe 500hp?

just a fyi. you won't get to 500rwhp with a single walbro 255. i put down 380rwhp, and i am running out of pump at 5,800 on the dyno with a single walbro 255. you'll need to run a boost-a-pump with that pump for that horsepower goal. or use an aeromotive 340. or dual pump set up.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
      just a fyi. you won't get to 500rwhp with a single walbro 255. i put down 380rwhp, and i am running out of pump at 5,800 on the dyno with a single walbro 255. you'll need to run a boost-a-pump with that pump for that horsepower goal. or use an aeromotive 340. or dual pump set up.
      from what I have read there are many guys hitting right around 500rwhp with a single 255 without a boost-a-pump, stock lines and rails

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
        from what I have read there are many guys hitting right around 500rwhp with a single 255 without a boost-a-pump, stock lines and rails
        i highly doubt it. what application?

this is what a single walbro 255 without a boost a pump, stock rails, and 39 lbs. injectors does on a dyno putting down a whole lot less than 500rwhp. take a look at the a/f around 5,800. the fuel pump was was maxed out and done. actually, it was pretty much done at 5,200.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
          Mine was done for at 440hp with about 70psi fp. I wouldn't want to risk a lean condition hitting 500hp with one, just go overkill on the fuel system.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
            just a fyi. you won't get to 500rwhp with a single walbro 255.
            I built a car that had H/C/I/S-trim , 482RW with 50# injectors and a single 255lph intank pump, no fuel issues.
            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
            '13 Dodge Cummins
            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.. 100 bucks isnt bad either..

Comment

I think I will have to go with 3.90X3.62 on this one. I don't know if you know it or not Dinger but it is going to take a lot more than a 02 gt to make 500 hp. We have a 99 GT with PI motor and Kenny Bell only putting down 390 and the fuel has to have the 255 and the boost a pump to get enough fuel and that is just barely. Of course myself I do not look at the hp numbers I look at what the car does at the track from point A to point B which is start to finish at the 1/4 or 1/8 mile track. Dinger look thinks over good and you will see. Have a good Day.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                  I think I will have to go with 3.90X3.62 on this one. I don't know if you know it or not Dinger but it is going to take a lot more than a 02 gt to make 500 hp. We have a 99 GT with PI motor and Kenny Bell only putting down 390 and the fuel has to have the 255 and the boost a pump to get enough fuel and that is just barely. Of course myself I do not look at the hp numbers I look at what the car does at the track from point A to point B which is start to finish at the 1/4 or 1/8 mile track. Dinger look thinks over good and you will see. Have a good Day.
                  Only 390? Damn your step moms (I think its your "step" mom's)car hauls ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    Yes and it will be faster because we made some changes.

Comment

SVT focus is drop in.

Cobra pumps could run dry if you go below 1/2 tank.
                      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

There aeromotive 340 seems to be a good one as stated before
                        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                          Yes its my step moms car. That is my dad posting up under my name.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                            Yes its my step moms car. That is my dad posting up under my name.
                            I was hoping I remembered that right. Lol

I'd like to know what the "changes" are. I have a very similar set up, making more power but running waaaaaay slower.

Comment

Working...
                            X