Sell it whole or part it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell it whole or part it out

Okay, so I rarely drive my car anymore, and I'm thinking about getting a jeep. Here's the question: Am I better off parting the car out or selling it as is? Details below.

2000 GT
    Odometer shows around 105K (can't remember)
    Motor has less than 15K (maybe less than 10K) I think and transmission less than 20K (I'd have to pull the details)
    All forged motor with cobra crank
    P&P heads with custom grind cams
    V2-SQ supercharger w/ aftercooler
    Anderson PowerPipe
    FRP bigger throttle body
    Lightning MAF
    SCT XCAL with tune
    NOS wet kit with window switch & WOT switch plus purge & bottle blanket
    SVT Focus in tank pump
    Aeromotive fuel rails
    Holley (I think) 55# (or thereabouts) fuel injectors
    Sumped tank with all stainless braided lines and anodized fittings
    Aeromotive Eliminator pump and filters to match controlled by a BAP switch to turn on at 3PSI boost
    Hooker L/T's with O/R-H pipe
    Spec Stage 3HD clutch
    TKO600
    FRP aluminum driveshaft
    Truetrac Diff
    Moser 31 spline axles
    Lakewood 70/30 struts
    Koni yellow double adjustable shocks
    Subframes
    Adjustable clutch quadrant
    Aluminum pedal covers
    Taylor aluminum batter box in trunk with cutoff switch mounted for outside access
    All new gaskets & timing chains at last rebuild
    Autometer lunar cluster
    AEM wideband (a real one not some LED show)
    Autometer lunar fuel pressure gauge
    Autometer lunar boost gauge
    Autometer DTAC (or whatever that goofy dyno/timing gauge is)
    2 of those are on A pillar and the other are on the cluster overlay with pods
    Megabyte Jr. LCA's
    UPR upper control arms

You get idea. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff too. Thanks for any advice on this one.

-Juice

How much complete??? Bad thing about parting out you get stuck with a ton of parts no one wants

Comment

If the car runs, drives, has a title, and has no major damage, then you would be better off selling it whole. Parting a car out is time consuming and dealing with people sucks.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
        How much complete??? Bad thing about parting out you get stuck with a ton of parts no one wants
        The car is titled, runs/drives perfectly fine. It needs a paint job (spent paint cash on the motor the second time after I warped the cast crank), but is otherwise good to go. I forgot it has the Flaming River steering linkage too plus aftermarket wheels.

I have no idea what it's worth complete. That's kind of what I'm hoping to find here. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          If the car runs, drives, has a title, and has no major damage, then you would be better off selling it whole. Parting a car out is time consuming and dealing with people sucks.
          I get this, but I have both space and time to do this and sell stuff complete/together like the supercharger setup, the motor/tranny, the fuel system, etc. I'd rather sell it all as is, but I'm not sure how much I'd get that way.

Comment

My experience parting a car out included cancelling plans and waiting around for people to come get parts. Sometimes the people never showed. They would lowball you like crazy and like said above you will be left with parts you can't even give away.

Of course I got the wrecked 93 4cyl lx for free and ended up making about 1600 off it before i finally had enough and just let somebody buy what was left for $150.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              My experience parting a car out included cancelling plans and waiting around for people to come get parts. Sometimes the people never showed. They would lowball you like crazy and like said above you will be left with parts you can't even give away.

Of course I got the wrecked 93 4cyl lx for free and ended up making about 1600 off it before i finally had enough and just let somebody buy what was left for $150.
              Good point about parts leftover. I've though about putting it back to mostly stock (engine, drivetrain, etc.) and just selling the fuel system, motor, blower, etc., but I don't think that's worth the hassle. I think if I do that, then I sell what's on it and sell the car as a roller.

Anyone have a nice jeep they want to trade?

Comment

got any pics juice?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  got any pics juice?
                  Not recent. I need to wash and detail it first to get it list worthy. I let the paint go (black fades in this Texas heat) because I was going to pain it. Too bad I warped the crank. Now it sits in the garage all the time. We moved in August of 2010, and I bet I haven't put 2500 miles on it since then. Heck, maybe not 1500. It's sad.

Comment

If you had all the stock parts to go back on you could go about it that way. If you have time it could be a way to make extra $$. Look on some of the other mustang sites to get an idea what comparable mustangs are selling for.
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Keep it sounds like you have spent alot of money on it and you wont get any of it back if you sell it. I miss my cobra but it was impractical and a real PITA with the cops etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X