Gears for F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears for F150

Im thinking about putting gears on my 03 F150....4.6...2wd....I currently have dumped flows, cai, and diablo tuner......It's my daily and I only drive half a mile to work if even....I want it to get off the line quicker....i was thinking maybe 3.73s..???? anyone out there had any experience with this combo? Or anyother mods that won't break the bank??
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

Its a truck. Leave it alone.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

What does it have now? My 93' Lightning has 4.10's in it. With 30" tall tires, I'm spinning about 2,100 RPM @ 60MPH.

Comment

My 2010 has 3.55s. Eventually I will go with 4.10s and taller tires.
        Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

It has the stock 3.55s....i have 31s...just a lil bigger than stock....i was thinking 4.10s as well.....
          Big Rooster Racing
          85' Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

I don't plan on lifting it or getting any bigger tires.....its only a 2wd...
            Big Rooster Racing
            85' Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

IMHO I'd do 4.10's then. You should have a slightly steeper Overdrive than my old E4OD. Add the 31" tires & I would expect you to pull less than 2K on the tach @ 60MPH.

Comment

yeah im just wanting to plant it to the ground at the line.....i actually went out to the dale this summer and for the hell of it ran a couple runs against my friends 03 F150 but with 5.4 w/exhaust and CAI...beat him twice he got me off the line everytime but i ran him down in the end....also beat a 07 Tahoe unknown mods, and an older model integra....i was surprised
                Big Rooster Racing
                85' Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X