Honda dealer or tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda dealer or tech

Can somebody help me out with a radio code I changed batteries. All the dealers i called wants me to bring it in. 06 civic I got the s\n #

look in the glove box door on the inside and outside of the door, or under the trunk, or under fuse box lid in the engine bay. Thats the few places they used to stick the little white sticker with the code on it back in the day.

if not try and talk to the parts guy, they can pull the code with your vin number.

Comment

and you will need to do this to get the radio code,did some digging on my old honda forums for ya

Turn the radio off

Press and hold preset buttons One and Six and while still holding them turn the radio on.

Record the 8 digit SN

Call a Honda dealership and tell them that you need the radio code and you have the Radios SN#.

Most dealerships will give it to you but if not just call another one. If worst comes to worst lie and say you are a mechanic and you just replaced a customers battery.

The preset button trick to show the SN only works in some cars, if it doesnt work in yours you will have to pull the radio out to get the SN#.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd View Post
        and you will need to do this to get the radio code,did some digging on my old honda forums for ya

Turn the radio off

Press and hold preset buttons One and Six and while still holding them turn the radio on.

Record the 8 digit SN

Call a Honda dealership and tell them that you need the radio code and you have the Radios SN#.

Most dealerships will give it to you but if not just call another one. If worst comes to worst lie and say you are a mechanic and you just replaced a customers battery.

The preset button trick to show the SN only works in some cars, if it doesnt work in yours you will have to pull the radio out to get the SN#.
        yes I did that and so far they refused to give it to me over the phone

Comment

call vandergriff honda in arlington, the parts guys used to be cool there. everyone is different from when i worked there YEARS ago so dunno.

get hond hondatech.com theres usually people there that have connections as well

Comment

OK thanks bro

Comment

Working...
            X