Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Indicator light issue. Wiring gurus help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Indicator light issue. Wiring gurus help!

I put a Methanol Injeciton kit in my car wired as such: Pump ground is ground to the same place in the trunk that the battery is, so it's a good ground, or could that be a problem?? Anyway...moving on. In line fused power from battery to leg 87 of 4 post relay with leg 30 going to the pump. The relay is activated with power from the battery to leg 85 and leg 86 being ground through the hobbs switch. When the hobbs switch sees 3-4psi, it grounds the relay to the front of the car. This all seems to work just fine. If ya'll see something that would work better, please, let me know!

The problem comes when I use one of the blue bulbs here: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=595405_0_0_ . I wired it in line after the hobbs switch. Is that wrong? Cause when I trigger the hobbs switch, the light comes on, but the pump does not...or it starts to and then stops.

I am not a wiring genius by any stretch. I know I must be doing something wrong...can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Next, I was going to try grounding the indicator light and runing a wire from the same wire coming off leg 30 so the light gets power when the pump gets power.

Thanks, ya'll!
    -Jonny
    Last edited by Jonny00GT; 12-09-2010, 03:02 PM.
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Never mind...I figured it out. Just wired the light to a ground and the pump power side of the relay so the light comes on when the pump gets power.
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

yeah it sounds like you had it wired where the bulb acted like a resistor inline with the pump.

Comment

Working...
      X