Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost

How much does a 331 or 347 short block cost used or fresh. And why would you go for the 347 over the 331. I have read many articles just curious what your opinions are.

do a god damned search!

Comment

there a 331 kit in the classifieds for 600. Thats pretty damn cheap.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
        How much does a 331 or 347 short block cost used or fresh. And why would you go for the 347 over the 331. I have read many articles just curious what your opinions are.
        search coast high performance for the price on new motors..and Dss racing

lets see, most people will choose the 331 because of the better rod ratio, less piston speed, less wear and better oil control...a 347 piston has the wrist pin in the oil ring land so that is why it tends to burn oil...I know the kit that CHP has uses a slightly shorter rod which allows them to move the wrist pin out of the oil ring lands...but these pistons have very short skirts which will let them rock when they are at the bottom of the stroke...some people say that this will cause premature wear and lead to bad ring seal...that pretty much sums it up..but just do a search and see the advantages/disadvantages on both..
        Last edited by black50; 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

juicey juice keeps asking random questions, disappears, and comes back with another one with no feed back.
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Lol all my question I have still don't have an answer for myself

Comment

Lol all my question I have still don't have an answer for myself
              about $300-$600, it depends if you give them a blowskie first though
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

With a stock block i would do a 3.4 stroke 347 with a 4.030 bore if you can afford a better block, then go with a 3.25 stroke and a 4.125 bore which make a 347 ci also but with a much bigger bore that with help unshroud the valves and gives a much power band.

Comment

Got a 347 shortblock fresh from the machine shop for sale, pm me if interested

Comment

no replacement for displacement. If you plan on boosting this thing you should save for a Dart and go 347 or 363.
                    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Dart 331 and 347 short blocks go for around $4500 brand new

Comment

Working...
                      X