Aeromotive fuel rail install help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeromotive fuel rail install help.

I have a new set of aeromotive fuel rails for my 347, (302 based) engine. I can't get the top part of the injector to go into the fuel rail. Is it supposed to be very difficult to get it in there? I lubed the o-ring but it just seems that the 0-rings are too damn big. The injectors will pop right into the lower intake though.

Oh, the injectors are 42 lb/hr's.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Yes, they do just snap in with very little effort. They don't go in very far but from what I remember, you won't be able to see the o ring once its seated in properly. Post a pic.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
      Yes, they do just snap in with very little effort. They don't go in very far but from what I remember, you won't be able to see the o ring once its seated in properly. Post a pic.
      They won't even "snap" or seat. I can't even get the o-ring up in the cavity. I'm pretty sure that it needs a smaller o-ring. But I couldn't get aeromotive on the phone to save my life today. Hopefully I can get them tomorrow.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Is this happening on only one injector or all of them? You could have a badly manufactured rail. Are the o rings new?
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

All of them, and yes the o-rings and injectors are new.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Hmm, that's odd. The only things I can think of is that you have the wrong or faulty rails or wrong o rings.
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

....if you were local I would let you try a set of mine. I have two extra sets of rails.
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Were the old rails stock? May be wrong size o rings. projectPONY had it right though....strange
                "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Old rails were stock, but I switched injectors too. Kind of in the middle of a huge project. Project pony, can you mic the ID of one of your rail ports?
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

I just mic'd mine and it came out to be right at .053" for the ID of the injector port on the fuel rail.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                      I just mic'd mine and it came out to be right at .053" for the ID of the injector port on the fuel rail.
                      I have a set of stock and BBK fuel rails in my shop. I will mic and let you know what I come up with.

Comment

Stock and BBK rails are .53ish. I also put the mic on a 42 lb injector o ring and it was around .5685. Check your o ring size.

My experience with the aftermarket fuel rails is that you need to put all the injectors into the rails first, then you install the assembly into the lower intake. Have you tried that?

Comment

nEW o-rINGS ON A NEW RAIL ARE A bitch..... SOME OIL OR GREASE N SLOWLY PUSH DOWN THE INJ IN TO RAIL....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OsoSlow View Post
                            nEW o-rINGS ON A NEW RAIL ARE A bitch..... SOME OIL OR GREASE N SLOWLY PUSH DOWN THE INJ IN TO RAIL....
                            I've always installed new o rings and I've never had trouble. Like mentioned above, I always insert them into rails first.

Vaselin is the only thing I've ever used to lube the o ring. The fuel breaks it down so nothing to worry about.
                            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
                              Stock and BBK rails are .53ish. I also put the mic on a 42 lb injector o ring and it was around .5685. Check your o ring size.

My experience with the aftermarket fuel rails is that you need to put all the injectors into the rails first, then you install the assembly into the lower intake. Have you tried that?
                              That is about the same that I had. My o rings are about .057" if I remember correctly from last night.

Originally posted by OsoSlow View Post
                              Tried that, no workie workie.

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                              I've always installed new o rings and I've never had trouble. Like mentioned above, I always insert them into rails first.

Vaselin is the only thing I've ever used to lube the o ring. The fuel breaks it down so nothing to worry about.
                              I used a lubricant I was just pushing so hard that I figured that I would cut the o ring if I tried any harder.
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                              X