Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ported heads with stock cams in new 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
    I like to stay local too for the big things, but JPC is pretty much universally recognized as one of the leaders in new 5.0 tech. I just wonder how much fun it would be as a daily driver? Hell, you can blow $5500 on a new Vortech kit and have over 500 at the wheels and it'll drive like a stocker. Can't help but think that Top Dog package would be a little "high strung".
    True that a SC is the easy way of getting 500 plus rwhp but I think it's pretty cool to have a new mustang making 500 rwhp N/A and have it reliable.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
      They gave me one hell of a deal on long tubes and boss 302 intake and tune. I got a price quote from HPP and Gearheads was A LOT cheaper.
      Gotcha, what brand headers are you going with?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
        Gotcha, what brand headers are you going with?
        BBK, they said those headers were a lot easier to put on then the kooks. I was their first set to sale and install. So that is one of the reasons why Travis hooked it up to see what results I'll see with the BBK's. He said if I get the same power as the kooks then he'll start pushing BBK instead.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

ehh on those cars the bbk are just a tough to install. Either way you look at it, dropping the front cradle is the easiest and fastest way to do it! about a 5-6 hr job to install a full exhaust on one of those cars. good luck with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
            ehh on those cars the bbk are just a tough to install. Either way you look at it, dropping the front cradle is the easiest and fastest way to do it! about a 5-6 hr job to install a full exhaust on one of those cars. good luck with it!
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X