chevy a/c line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevy a/c line question

So found the leak on my a/c 97 tahoe.. Put one of those little recharge cans from autozone to see if was just low or anything was even in the system.

Well It was leaking straight out of the high side instantly bubbling up. Now theres not a typical shrader valve in it like the low side. Took the line off and cant replace it from inside either.

SO question is anyone know of any places that might just put a new port on it or do I need to cough up and buy an entire new line? Dont really want to buy a new line want to get out of this as cheap as i can. Ill pack it full of jb weld before I buy a new line lol... kidding.

Common issue with the check ball leaking, just spend $5.00 on a new fitting.

Comment

fitting is available at most any auto parts store. The entire fitting (valve part and outer aluminum piece) will unscrew from inside the hex part just below your finger. DO NOT try to unscrew the large hex portion, that is a part of the line and if you UNSCREW (this means snap it off) you will need a new line. I also recommend you have someone vacuum the system down after you replace this and charge it with the correct amount of r-134-a.

As stated above, very common leak. I change dozens an a\c season in my little town.

Comment

Yea did little more research and talked to Buzzo. Figured out it was servicable after all like you all said.

No need to de charge it nothing really in it

Comment

Originally posted by Redd View Post
          Yea did little more research and talked to Buzzo. Figured out it was servicable after all like you all said.

No need to de charge it nothing really in it
          You have to run a vacume on it to remove moisture and create a vacume for the freon to fill. Youll never get a good fill otherwise, let a pro do it.

Comment

Understand that. Why I have access to the tools at work and mechanics that will do it for pack of smokes lol

Comment

Working...
            X