Narrowing 8.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narrowing 8.8

I just picked up an Explorer 8.8. Limited slip, 3.73's, 31 spline, disk brakes. I'm going to need to narrow it to fit in my car. Can I reuse the 8.8 axles with 9" tube ends? I would like to retain the factory brakes from it too. Ideas?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Buy mine instead..

Comment

Mmm nah

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Kaiyun官方网站|Kaiyun.com位于武汉东湖高新区(简称kaiyun.com),成立于2015年2月,注册资本6200万,Kaiyun.com官方网站目前的经营范围包括为文化艺术交流活动提供筹备、策划服务,体育赛事活动策划,网络科技领域内的技术开发等。
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

No, you need special axles with pressed on bearings for the 9" ends but they are worth their weight in gold if you ever snap an axle. Very good upgrade.

Comment

I guess I need to track down a list of axle lengths so I can retain the C clip axles. How much abuse do you think the stock 31's will take?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I know you don't visit Stangnet much anymore, but there are some damn good info threads on the classic tech forum about this very subject.
              68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
              63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
              i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

You following me or something? Stangnet is all screwy now. I don't like it.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  You following me or something? Stangnet is all screwy now. I don't like it.
                  No, lol, I remember your car from there from a loooooong time ago. Just saying that the classic tech still has some good info from the past.
                  68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                  63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                  i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

I have 2 sets of 9" axles both from 70's models f100's. If you need a set to get cut down and repslined let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X