2007+ chevy truck owners....motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007+ chevy truck owners....motor mounts

So, I treated myself and bought a very clean 2007 Escalade and after some internet research and futzing in the driveway, I am pretty certain I have a busted engine mount on the driver side. Since it requires removing the front diff housing from the truck to even get to it, I am going to do the passenger side and the trans mount too.

My question is are there any poly mounts available? It looks like the mount is the same for damn near EVERY 1500 chevy with the v8 but here is my problem. They are $92 ea...cheapest I have found at rockauto. This is a chevy truck....shouldn't the mounts be $25 or something?

Anyway, I am interested in a better quality poly mount but I am not finding anything in the last hour on the net. Maybe someone knows of a specialty shop building one off mounts or knows of a specific part number that prothane or energy suspension doesn't have on their web site.

Looking to do this project next weekend before I throw the trailer and car on the white trash wagon and go bumping down the road.

Thanks!

I've got an 08 Sierra 2WD with 180k+ on it but haven't had any issues with broken mounts. And it occasionally sees mild off road terrain - oil field roads.

I did some quick googling and didn't see anything. Checked Energy Suspension's site but they didn't show anything for the new body style trucks.

Comment

I am pretty sure the mounts are the same as the Yukon Denali mounts which are hydraulic fluid filled mounts. They are not cheap. I have only done one set of mounts on those and it sucks. front diff has to come out like you said and I unbolted the AC compressor and removed the bracket and for more room on the passenger side. Flexible ratchets and ratchet wrenches will be your best friend on that project.

Comment

Seems to be common on the awd trucks. Mount looks similar to 2500 mount for duramax. May compare at the parts store. Don't care about nvh. Just don't want to do this job twice!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          I am pretty certain I have a busted engine mount on the driver side.

Thanks!
          are you sure its a busted mount? there are ways to check that.
          i have had 5 chevy trucks and all my friends have them as well,as old as 99 to present and none of us have or had busted mounts.
          now its possible that my driver side is week but not busted, i have a vibration that seems to be coming from the steering shaft area, so i took it apart and lubed the shaft and made sure it was clearing the header just fine.
          the motor mounts being 13yrs old its possible they are starting to settle in or wear down but not busted,so my conclusion is that the drivers side mount is vibrating around under a decent amount of load, which is causing the vibration feeling in the shaft and the shaft has checked out to be ok.
          also im willing to be the motor mounts are the same from 07 back as well.
          if i had a $100 to bet you, i would
          my .50, good luck

Comment

Totally different design in 07+

Comment

Working...
            X