Crankcase full of E85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankcase full of E85

So a few fellow members came by today (Darren M, ChasSVO, Cobrajet69) and helped keep me motivated and turned a few wrenches for me. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

We were able to get the car to start but something just is not right. Trying to set the base timing was damn near impossible. We got it to run but it took a lot of throttle stop screw manipulation and several adjustments to the timing at the cam/crank sensor and the TPS (which is 100 times more sensitive then just the simple volt meter shows).

It actually started to sound much better on this tune.

I got into the ECU and started to pull timing from the program (10.77*) down to 2.00* when it died for the umpteenth time. This time Charles noticed fuel dripping out of the breather's catch can.

Pulled the dipstick and sure has shit, fuel. Drained the oil and there must have been a full gallon in there.

E85 on 120# injectors. AFR in the ECU was reading 6-7.00:1 where as the gauge which reads in gasoline AFR was reading 10-11.00:1. I need to call AEM Monday and ask those questions though.

My only theory that can logically explain why there was so much fuel in there, is me trying to previously start it on a tune not designed for the injector and not using the injector driver.

I have the pan draining and one of the valve covers off to let it evaporate for a day or so. Still need to pull the oil filter and drain the remote lines. I am going to dump 4 quarts in it, prime the system and pump it clean. Then repeat with new fresh (cheap) oil before adding the required 7qrts and closing it up again.
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-17-2012, 03:25 PM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

well yeah, if your tune is setup for 24# injectors and you put 120#'s in there then it will be hydrolocking like crazy. My only question is how did the fuel get into the oilpan?!?!!. You sure you didnt hydrolock the motor and do some serious damage?

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
      well yeah, if your tune is setup for 24# injectors and you put 120#'s in there then it will be hydrolocking like crazy. My only question is how did the fuel get into the oilpan?!?!!. You sure you didnt hydrolock the motor and do some serious damage?
      It is not locked. She turns over and with oil in it and back together I believe it will start again since I have not changed anything in the ECM since it died.

I checked the tune and it is set for the right injector (now) but was previously for a lesser in size set.

I am pulling plugs on monday (not going to be fun on the driverside) and going to take some compression tests. The motor only has <1,000 miles on it.

Comment

Maybe it's going past the rings, alcohol is known for that.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          Maybe it's going past the rings, alcohol is known for that.
          My thought but it was a LOT of fuel. Hopefully she is okay and not hurt.

I am going to squirt some oil in the cylinders before doing a compression test.

Comment

Working...
          X