2006 Ford Fusion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Ford Fusion question

Ok going to do a plug change on 3.0 Fusion. I know I have to take my upper intake off, but does it need a new gasket when it goes back on? I know a lot of cars come with the rubber gaskets that you can re-use, just wondering about this before I take it apart.

Thanks
    92 LX 5.0

I don't have the answer, but I'm subscribing because I will soon be doing the same on my mom's 06.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
      Ok going to do a plug change on 3.0 Fusion. I know I have to take my upper intake off, but does it need a new gasket when it goes back on? I know a lot of cars come with the rubber gaskets that you can re-use, just wondering about this before I take it apart.

Thanks
      Maybe, but sometimes, the gasket has hardened & cracks when the intake is pulled. When I pulled the upper intake on my 30,000 mile, but 7 year old Lincoln LS 3.0 to replace coils packs, the gaskets cracked & broke.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
        Maybe, but sometimes, the gasket has hardened & cracks when the intake is pulled. When I pulled the upper intake on my 30,000 mile, but 7 year old Lincoln LS 3.0 to replace coils packs, the gaskets cracked & broke.
        I had a feeling that would be the case, so we went ahead and ordered them anyways.
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

I only get to replace em if they break/tear b/c the shop owner doesn't feel a need, so... but if i do them as a side job, no question im replacing them can't go wrong. Too much labor to tear it back off when its right there.

Comment

Working...
          X