Intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intakes

Dual plane and single plane intakes. Which will be better for my setup. 306 f cam c4 4k stall. Speed demon 750. From what I am reading the the dual plane is better for street driving. How much drivability will I lose if I go to an single plane. Not a daily driver but would still like to drive to track occasionally..

Dual plane deffinatly better suited for street driving. But you can drive a single plane on the street. If its mostly a street car then I would put a dual plane on it. Dual planes tend to make more torque and mid range power. But if it lives at the track and spends most of its time at peak rpm then single plane would be better suited
    89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

weiand stealth!

Comment

F cam and 4k stall... I wouldn't worry too much about my mid range.

Comment

What's the compression ratio, head choice? Why not just keep it fuel injected and go with a victor or super victor intake?

Comment

If it has stock heads the dual plane is better. If it has aftermarket heads I'd run a single plane.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I have performer heads that have been ported and compression around 10.1

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                I have performer heads that have been ported and compression around 10.1
                performer or rpm?

Comment

RPM Air-Gap if you are not spinning it past 7K .
                  Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I would run a Vic Jr on that set up.
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      I would run a Vic Jr on that set up.
                      Definitely a Vic Jr! With a 4k stall, you won't see the benefits of a dual plane.
                      sigpic

Comment

Read this and make up your owne mind . On a 500HP 347 only 11HP diferance at 7k RPM . The RPM also had 17 HP and 22 FTLBS at 4000 (your stall speed). Your motor is much smaller and will not see this kind of rpm so I think the differance in the two intakes will be even more . BTW , they ran the Jr. with a 1" spacer , the #'s were lower without it . This is just my oppinion but I have both intakes in 302 and 351 size and with your combo the Air-Gap will work beter .

Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
                        X