I'll buy this TB if I get gains like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll buy this TB if I get gains like this

Put the car on the roller today to prepare the car for florida. Made a few pulls and then swapped to the new 85mm T body from Accufab. I was expecting 5hp at most and would of been happy with that. So withen 10 mins I made the pull with the T body (no changes made to the tune). Red line...

I pretty much have the same setup as he does. The only difference is he has Kooks headers and I have BBK headers. But he picks up 20 rwhp at 4750 rpm and 23 rwtq at 5k rpm. Not bad for a TB.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Oh hey, lookie there. Have to log in to view the thread. Copy pasta!

Comment

Shit you do? Well then that was pointless.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

Ok here's another link to the same link in the first post.

Comment

I'm not buying that. Something is fishy. How can it help when the intake opening is smaller then the throttle body?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
            I'm not buying that. Something is fishy. How can it help when the intake opening is smaller then the throttle body?
            I don't think the size of the intake opening matters, the air gets moved along fairly quickly through the runners. So the more air that gets pulled into it (you have to also tune it to add more fuel with the added air) the more power it makes. But I have been wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              I don't think the size of the intake opening matters, the air gets moved along fairly quickly through the runners. So the more air that gets pulled into it (you have to also tune it to add more fuel with the added air) the more power it makes. But I have been wrong before.
              So do you think this could help out the boss intake cause it making big improvements down low?

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                So do you think this could help out the boss intake cause it making big improvements down low?
                I wouldn't spend 3-5 bills on a throttle body for a N/A car. I would rather put that money towards a more noticeable change...like gears.

Comment

If it was me, I wouldn't spend 3-5 bills on a throttle body for a N/A car.
                  True which is my next cheap mod. I'm going with 3.73's.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                    True which is my next cheap mod. I'm going with 3.73's.
                    There is a car just like yours (pictured in your avatar) here at the building I work at (Legacy One)...and I like it....I like it a lot.

Comment

thats like saying that the stock maf on a fox body is not a restriction. Only so much air can flow through a given size opening without help ie forced induction. It is pointless to put a large throttle body on an intake with a smaller opening. yes that tb will flow more air, but when it hits that huge lip just past the blade, it will stop. I wouldnt surprise me if you saw a loss by putting a larger tb on as that lip could possible cause unwanted turbulence. Not saying it will, but it is possible.

Now if you were to pull the intake off which takes all of 10 mins, and port the opening of the intake to match the tb and create a nice smooth flow, then yes it is possible to see a nice gain.

Comment

Working...
                      X