To carb or not to carb? - 6.0 (LQ4) in a Chevy C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    Sounds like a good deal....I think I need to pick that up from you. I'll shoot you a PM.

All VERY helpful (and starting to change my mind about the whole thing)...thanks!
    lol
    Rreemo you sure are being wishy washy. LOL
    efi is the only way to go

Comment

Jason do the efi and quit screwing around. I already have my eng for the nova, seats (picking them up at upholstery shop after work) and working on a f-body pan and ecm. Then its wheels suspension and trans. Just do it.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

I'm in the same boat for my son's project truck (83 C10). He's 14 1/2 so we have 18 months on the build but the truck is really rough. The 305 is coming out and I have a carbed 350/700R4 combo out of 93 donor. I have little to no experience with carbs and was thinking FI also but the cost and complexity was a bit out of my league. Now leaning towards finding a better FI and modern donor.

Comment

go with the controlled fuel leak

Comment

Originally posted by "MrEd" View Post
            lol
            Rreemo you sure are being wishy washy. LOL
            efi is the only way to go
            The Chevelle is for sure going FI...already got most of the parts for it, but still need a fuel pump, so I could use that one from Buzzo either way.

After talking to several more people I am leaning a little more towards an EFI setup in the truck now too, though. Good thing is that it runs and drives pretty good as-is, so I can take some time to collect everything I need before starting the swap. I finally got some other work accomplished on it this past weekend too, and feeling pretty motivated on it overall right now.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Sfi unless your on a budget

Comment

I have a c10 and if I ever fix it, it will sport a fuel injected engine.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                X