X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo and supercharger

Comment

Originally posted by Prime-Tuning.com View Post
      My vote is a TwinScrew Blower - Whipple/KB/Roush - The power output, power delivery and reliability is best across the board.
      This...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I will be going the VMP TVS route. It will still make a respectable 650-700rw and be reasonably priced.
        Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
        How much??
        The only TVS I see is for the GT500. On their site I only see the Roush SC for the 5.0 and it's 5899.00.
        2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

I would go with a procharger d-1 with the race intercooler. Will give an awesome sound along with killer performance!

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
            Standard
            more street driving or track?

what kind of tires to you drive on normally?

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
              more street driving or track?

what kind of tires to you drive on normally?
              It's not my daily driver if that's what you're asking. It would be driven on both and the tires I'm getting will be 305's DR just haven't decided which ones yet.
              2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                turbo and supercharger
                nice and steetable James...
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

The auto is really a better setup for a blower/turbo. The Mustang is pretty heavy, and keeping a clutch in it is pretty tough in those power ranges.

But I would say turbo, since a big positive-displacement blower and a stick would be brutal on driveline parts. Might be fun though!
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    The auto is really a better setup for a blower/turbo. The Mustang is pretty heavy, and keeping a clutch in it is pretty tough in those power ranges.

But I would say turbo, since a big positive-displacement blower and a stick would be brutal on driveline parts. Might be fun though!
                    I'm not worried about that because my car will never be on slicks or even probably a track for that matter. I prefer the twisty backroads country drives these days. I'll be setting up a group cruise event with a route I have between McKinney and Sherman. Good times.

Comment

i say go paxton or vortech
                      2011 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

It's not my daily driver if that's what you're asking. It would be driven on both and the tires I'm getting will be 305's DR just haven't decided which ones yet.
                        I would do a twin screw blower you will have all your power any time you wanna go, there will be no lag. The sick turbo cars lose boost every shift unless you are a highway racer I would think the best power and feel would be a twin screw blower

Comment

I would do a twin screw blower you will have all your power any time you wanna go, there will be no lag. The stick turbo cars lose boost every shift unless you are a highway racer I would think the best power and feel would be a twin screw blower

Comment

The only TVS I see is for the GT500. On their site I only see the Roush SC for the 5.0 and it's 5899.00.
                            A lot of people are getting good results with the Roush charger...it isnt a twin screw, but plenty enough for a street driven car.

I am dropping my car off at JMS today. They are going to fix the Gforce fuck ups...and put a smaller pulley on the KB. Looking for 650+
                            Last edited by davbrucas; 03-30-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              A lot of people are getting good results with the Roush charger...it isnt a twin screw, but plenty enough for a street driven car.

I am dropping my car off at JMS today. They are going to fix the Gforce fuck ups...and put a smaller pulley on the KB. Looking for 650+
                              I hope it works out for ya Dave. I hate to hear anyone having a bad experience with a shop and wasting so much money. Hopefully JMS will get ya fixed right up.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                                What happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X