Any ideas on how to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've been rolling like this for a while now. I hit a pot hole on a rainy day. Luckily, the wheel isn't scratched or cracked. Also, it doesn't leak but it just looks bad. Any idea on how to fix this (without it looking like crap)?
    I just dont feel like spending $150-200 unless I absolutely have to.

TIA

2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
    2014 Lincoln MKT

Sorry about the link, I suck at interwebz
    2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Wheels America off Mint way. Right off Cockrelhill Rd. Get your wallet ready.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I did that to my mustang wheel one time. I just got a large rubber mallet and beat the piss out of that thing. After beating and beating, it finally went straight again. Even held air fine till I sold that car. I certainly wouldn't waste any money before you tried that technique.

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
          Wheels America off Mint way. Right off Cockrelhill Rd. Get your wallet ready.
          I already got quotes and it looks like I would be spending a minimum of $150 regardless of damage. The wheel doesn't even have a scratch on it. I'll spend it if I have to but I want to explore all of my options first.
          2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
            I did that to my mustang wheel one time. I just got a large rubber mallet and beat the piss out of that thing. After beating and beating, it finally went straight again. Even held air fine till I sold that car. I certainly wouldn't waste any money before you tried that technique.
            I thought about doing this but I was afraid of making unnecessary dents in the wheel. However, it seems like it worked fine for you so I might just try this.
            2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
              I've been rolling like this for a while now. I hit a pot hole on a rainy day. Luckily, the wheel isn't scratched or cracked. Also, it doesn't leak but it just looks bad. Any idea on how to fix this (without it looking like crap)?
              I just dont feel like spending $150-200 unless I absolutely have to.

TIA

http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh559/bigtitan21/
              I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I went to and called wheels america, tlc and star tire. None of them could fix mine and a few were way too expensive. Plus WRS is way more proffesional (looking and in general).
              If you take it anywhere, take it to "Wheel repair solutions" in Carrolton! Mine was way more messed up than yours and it looks better than new. In and out for $135 ($30 cheaper than WA) and a 24 hour turn around guarantee (mine took 12hrs).

Established in 2001, Wheel Repair Solutions has transformed the "standard" wheel into?the center piece for car enthusiasts all over the United States.

I thought about doing this but I was afraid of making unnecessary dents in the wheel. However, it seems like it worked fine for you so I might just try this.
              Don't do this unless you take off the tire, heat the metal and use a soft/dead blow hammer. Trust me, I thought it would work out well also.
              Ded

Comment

[QUOTE=vadertt;642626]I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I went to and called wheels america, tlc and star tire. None of them could fix mine and a few were way too expensive. Plus WRS is way more proffesional (looking and in general).
                If you take it anywhere, take it to "Wheel repair solutions" in Carrolton! Mine was way more messed up than yours and it looks better than new. In and out for $135 ($30 cheaper than WA) and a 24 hour turn around guarantee (mine took 12hrs).

Established in 2001, Wheel Repair Solutions has transformed the "standard" wheel into?the center piece for car enthusiasts all over the United States.

QUOTE]

This very good info. I'll give them a shot. Thanks!
                2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Depending on what size yours are, they may be cheaper than mine. I think it was 18-19"s were a certain amount and 20"+ were higher ($135).
                  Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                    Depending on what size yours are, they may be cheaper than mine. I think it was 18-19"s were a certain amount and 20"+ were higher ($135).
                    These are 20"s. I just want them fixed at a reasonable price/time. Their site seems to be having issues right now but I'm just gonna stop by to get a quote.
                    2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

These are 20"s. I just want them fixed at a reasonable price/time. Their site seems to be having issues right now but I'm just gonna stop by to get a quote.
                      Yeah, the site is new, just stop by. I stopped at 4pm yesterday and my wheel was ready today at 11:30am.
                      Ded

Comment

I've even seen a tire shop doing it to a customer wheel

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                          I've even seen a tire shop doing it to a customer wheel
                          you just have to be careful with heat it will discolor the machined part if you use too much ...

Comment

spec wheels , Forney Tx
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Cheezebandit View Post
                              you just have to be careful with heat it will discolor the machined part if you use too much ...
                              no heat just beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X