Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Honda techs or paint/body/collision guys on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Honda techs or paint/body/collision guys on the board?

I have a 2008 Honda Civic I bought this past summer that I am wanting to trade in. Problem is about a month after buying the car the air bag light started coming on and going off every couple days. It progressed to staying on all the time. It would go off this winter on the really cold days but as soon as we got back up over 50-60 degrees it would come back on. It would sometimes go off and come back on the first time I hit a good size bump in the road.

This past fall I took it to a local shop and had them put a snap on scanner on it and they pulled the airbag codes stored in the system. It was a code for open loop something for the front driver side impact sensor and driver side front curtain. I looked at them both last night and they seem to fine. The curtain looks brand new never deployed. The sensor I am a little concerned about. It looks to have been spliced in place of the original. I know the car has had a front driver side impact only after a contractor that works with us who owns a body shop; pointed it out to me. It looks as if it is an impact sensor and has been spliced in line with a matching connector. I looked at the one on the passenger side and they look similar but maybe not identical. Could this be a culprit? I also found a honda forum that had a similar posting and there was a possible TSB for a bad crimp in a wire on the harness under the drivers side seat. I also numerous people posting about having any object under the seat can trip the module???

Last night I watched a few youtube videos on resetting the light, and the process to determine if you have a bad airbag module. It appears with the sequence of light flashes that the SRS module is good but there is still a code.

Is there anyone on here that has a scanner and can determine what the problem may be; and willing to fix it?

On a side note....make sure you have the radio code handy after pulling the battery....ugh that was a sucky hour and 15 minute drive to work lol...all good now, I found the code.

cant help you there, but are you making room for the c6?

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      cant help you there, but are you making room for the c6?
      Tahoe first

Comment

Check the grounds also

Comment

Working...
        X