No announcement yet.

Oil cooler to bring down coolant temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pusher fan in front of an intercooler will do zero for your cooling issues, and more likely make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
      A pusher fan in front of an intercooler will do zero for your cooling issues, and more likely make it worse.
      Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      I am not real suprised it is having problems since the air has to go through a 3/4" trans cooler, 4" intercooler, 1" a/c condenser, and 3" radiator (total of about 9" of core that the fan is trying to pull air through (plus the gaps between).
      The intercooler is in line with the rest of the "coolers". I would assume a pusher fan will help keep temperatures in check at lower speeds.

An addition to the scoop on the lower side of the chassis, is there room to have the scoop cover the bottom of everything in line? Basically the rear most part of the "scoop" is directly under the radiator and extending towards the front of the car, if you fabbed your own, with sides that came up towards the top of everything, that would help force cool airs into the gaps between everything and help the amount of heat that is transferred from unit to unit
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Not sure if it helps you at all but my buddy has a 370Z and was having some cooling issues. He added an external oil cooler and hasnt had a single issue since. It was a pretty damn big 27 row cooler with a thermostat built into the sandwich plate.
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
          Not sure if it helps you at all but my buddy has a 370Z and was having some cooling issues. He added an external oil cooler and hasnt had a single issue since. It was a pretty damn big 27 row cooler with a thermostat built into the sandwich plate.
          I'm sure this was related to excessive oil temperature not coolant temp putting the vehicle into limp mode. My brother did the same.

Comment

Pusher fans are no where near as efficient as pullers (only about 80% as efficient), and they will move air only through the appliance they are directly attached to.
            Take a look at the pics in the video/pic forum. The aftercooler is so far away from the radiator that the only way a pusher will get movement through the actual radiator is if it were a 4K+ CFM and he had an airproof windtunnel fabbed, allowing NO air to escape. Even then, the pressure drop through the aftercooler and then the condenser would bring the movement to nil.

On top of that, a big pusher on the aftercooler would actually be an obstruction at higher speeds, reducing it's efficiency when needed the most. His intake/boost temps will definately rise.

He needs to make his actual cooling system more efficient.

Comment

I have an oil cooler and all the fittings, but you have to get the oil filter adapter for your engine, mine is for a SB Ford, I will let go cheap. Also have a few elec. fans that may work for you. PM me for details if interested
              I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

If you get an oil cooler I heard you need to get one that has a thermostat. A lot of aftermarket ones do not.

Comment

Working...
                X