A/C problems 93 LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C problems 93 LX

The A/C went out in my 93 lx about a week ago and im having trouble getting it running again. I found that I had blown the 20 amp fuse under the dash. I replaced it but the compressor still isnt turning on. I then decided to jump the switch in the top of the accumulater and the wire got extemely hot and still no compressor turn on. System has plenty of freon in it. Sound like a short somewhere but id like to get some feedback if anyone else has had this problem.
    95 Lightning #1155/2280 - SOLD
    93 Coupe - SOLD
    13 5.0 F150 RCSB -DD
    86 LX hatch - current money pit

Sounds like you need a new compressor
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I just hooked the compressor up directly to the battery and it kicks on. Pretty certain its a short somewhere I just have no idea where to start looking.
      93 Coupe - SOLD
      13 5.0 F150 RCSB -DD

Comment

thats what it sounds like to me.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Sounds like a short lol

Comment

Originally posted by AIFOX View Post
            I just hooked the compressor up directly to the battery and it kicks on. Pretty certain its a short somewhere I just have no idea where to start looking.
            Start at your problem and work your way back.

Comment

This might give you a clue where to start.

Look toward the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by AIFOX View Post
                The A/C went out in my 93 lx about a week ago and im having trouble getting it running again. I found that I had blown the 20 amp fuse under the dash. I replaced it but the compressor still isnt turning on. I then decided to jump the switch in the top of the accumulater and the wire got extemely hot and still no compressor turn on. System has plenty of freon in it. Sound like a short somewhere but id like to get some feedback if anyone else has had this problem.
                Pull the AC panel off, and pull it out of the center console. Ford used wires that were too freaking small to the switch. Overtime you'll burn them up.

If your switch is melted, thats why you blew a fuse. You'll have to replace the wires and the plug.

Comment

New compressor or a new clutch. The clutch is cheaper.
                  2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                  2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, going to try and tackle this tomorrow.
                    93 Coupe - SOLD
                    13 5.0 F150 RCSB -DD

Comment

Working...
                    X