does a bonded title mean run away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does a bonded title mean run away

It's for a truck. I have seen the title. Does it just mean it was lost?

That's possible.

I recently bought a motorcycle from a board member. The motorcycle had been in storage for a long time and the title was lost. I got it running, did a bonded title, got insurance, and inspection. It has been a great mode of transportation.

I doubt we'll ever sell it, so I don't have anymore anecdotal evidence than that.

Is this going to be a flip vehicle or are you planning to drive it until the wheels fall off?

Comment

Keep it. When I took a pay cut, I sold the blower car to payoff loans and bought a truck about a month ago. Then I needed to payoff my tab and truestreet so I sold that truck and paid them and have been without a ride fore about 3 days. About to pull the trigger on this truck I think

Comment

I will say that a bonded title should drop the price of the vehicle considerably.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Its bonded, so just like a regular title, and in 7 years iirc it changes to a regular title.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No, it doesn't bonded just means, the person bonded it, so that just in case some one tried to lay claim to whatever vehicle, they will be paid with the bond money.
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
              No, it doesn't bonded just means, the person bonded it, so that just in case some one tried to lay claim to whatever vehicle, they will be paid with the bond money.
              How often do you think that a bonded title gets issued, and then there is a title dispute, through the court, that that happens? Even more, I would bet the cost of the attorney and court costs would be more than the value of said truck.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                It's for a truck. I have seen the title. Does it just mean it was lost?
                Yea, it means it was lost somewhere along the way. As long as you have it it's all good.
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

never understood the whole "I lost the title thing". Are people just completely lazy. Assuming you own the vehicle and have the vin and necessary info, you go to the dmv and file for a lost title. It costs next to nothing and if you are in a hurry you can drive to the Dmv in Carrolton, fill out the paper work, pay the fee, and leave with a title in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    Its bonded, so just like a regular title, and in 7 years iirc it changes to a regular title.
                    Three years and you get clean title. It affects nothing. It means someone could come forward with a clean title in their name and fight for the vehicle. Most of the time the originals are lost and the title has changed hands a couple of times. My Firebird has one because the prior owner signed the title and then then next guy signed off on it like he was a dealer. The tax office said uhhh no hes not and made the guy I bought it from do a bonded. NO big deal as I have a copy of the one where she sold it. It is a pretty normal route when building old cars. It is really to keep people from just taking your car and filing for a lost title on it and kinda insures you. You can sell and change a brown title just like a blue one.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                      never understood the whole "I lost the title thing". Are people just completely lazy. Assuming you own the vehicle and have the vin and necessary info, you go to the dmv and file for a lost title. It costs next to nothing and if you are in a hurry you can drive to the Dmv in Carrolton, fill out the paper work, pay the fee, and leave with a title in hand.
                      It used to be rare seeing a lost title car being sold now it seems like half the cars on craigslist don't have one. What changed? Title loans! Scumbags go in get money on the title then sell the car saying they lost the title. This is the reason I won't touch a car without a title. If the buyer gets the bonded title issued before the loan company files a title transfer the bonding agency will PROBABLY just pay them off. BUT how does a being in possesion os stolen propert charge sound to you? IMO it's illegal to sell a car you don't have the title to. How do you prove it's yours?

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                        It used to be rare seeing a lost title car being sold now it seems like half the cars on craigslist don't have one. What changed? Title loans! Scumbags go in get money on the title then sell the car saying they lost the title. This is the reason I won't touch a car without a title. If the buyer gets the bonded title issued before the loan company files a title transfer the bonding agency will PROBABLY just pay them off. BUT how does a being in possesion os stolen propert charge sound to you? IMO it's illegal to sell a car you don't have the title to. How do you prove it's yours?
                        I do agree when dealing with newer cars on this however you are talking about a certified copy. The scam is that they go apply for a copy which you can get for 5 bucks at Carrolton then they go get a loan on their original. They then sell the car with the certified copy. I can not remember how that played out last time I saw that. However on an older car it is not that uncommon for people to have lost the title they never transferred. Although I do wonder how people lose titles to cars as mine are like storing gold. With a bonded you are getting a bond to cover you in case someone were to come after your car.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

As long as the title is blue and the remarks say bonded on it, it is fine. There is no reduction on value of the vehicle and after 3 years of the original bond being written, it's cleared up.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                            As long as the title is blue and the remarks say bonded on it, it is fine. There is no reduction on value of the vehicle and after 3 years of the original bond being written, it's cleared up.
                            I think they are brown arent they? It has been a couple of years since I have done one.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              I think they are brown arent they? It has been a couple of years since I have done one.
                              this one is blue and just says "bonded"

Comment

Working...
                              X