Cheapest place to buy steel plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest place to buy steel plate

looking for the cheapest place to buy steel plate. searching for something around 5'x10'x3/4". Condition does not matter, it could be totally rusted. If anyone has any places to check, please let me know. I have already checked the places I normally get steel from.
    JamesB Chassis is looking for a fabricator/general shop help, call or PM for info.

Are there any trailer manufacturers around you? They will usually sell raw materials pretty cheap.

Comment

frame table?
      http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Check out some of the recyclers. I known Hawk Steel on Eden rd in kennedale will sell it by the pound. Finding what you want is hit n miss as their inventory turns over quite a bit.
        Rich

Comment

You might give Speedy Metals a call. I didn't see anything that large on their website but I bet they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
            frame table?
            No, using it for a backstop
            JamesB Chassis is looking for a fabricator/general shop help, call or PM for info.

Comment

just call commerce grinding in dallas....
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

That 7mag is gonna go right through that!
                89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Liberty Metals might be too far from you, West Dallas, but last time I was there they had plate. I was looking at some for a welding table. Quality wasn't all that great but they had it.
                  --carlos

sigpic

Comment

found some 1" plate from Fultons in Denton. cost 0.40/lb

Comment

Working...
                    X