No announcement yet.

What is the gas milage on Ford F250's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the gas milage on Ford F250's?

I am highly considering selling my F150, and picking up a F250. 7.3 or 6.0. I might also consider a 5.4 or V10, but I would rather have a diesel. I can get 19-20 in my truck, and 16 in the city. It is a 5.4 3v. What also would I need to consider with buying a diesel, as far as things that break, or go wrong with them? I know I could google this crap, but I would rather hear people that actually have them, and there opinion.
    2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
    2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
    2012 Ford Edge

gas mileage in a 7.3 or 6.0 would be pretty terrible i'd imagine.

Comment

As long as 15 was possible, I would be ok with that, as its a lot bigger of a truck.
      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

read: gas mileage in any diesel motor is going to be terrible since it is a diesel motor not gas.

Comment

V10 will get you around 10ish city and maybe 13 highway.

Comment

I got better mileage with my 6.0 than I did my 7.3's. Empty and stock I would get 16ish on the highway (F-350 4x4 SRW crew cab). Pretty similar in town, it didn't vary much.

With a tune on there I was closer to an average of 18.2 with a best of 20.2 on an extended trip. Pulling would vary greatly but the lowest I saw was around 5 mpg at 24,000lbs in an 75mph headwind going through Kansas. That sucked.

Comment

oh, and before it gets tagged, "dville will tune it" "dville wont run 5.85" "dville+diesel=#1tunna" "sam sucks" "dville+sam 4ever" etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                I got better mileage with my 6.0 than I did my 7.3's. Empty and stock I would get 16ish on the highway (F-350 4x4 SRW crew cab). Pretty similar in town, it didn't vary much.

With a tune on there I was closer to an average of 18.2 with a best of 20.2 on an extended trip. Pulling would vary greatly but the lowest I saw was around 5 mpg at 24,000lbs in an 75mph headwind going through Kansas. That sucked.
                That is better then I thought. I like the changes in 03, what should I look for as problem areas?
                Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                oh, and before it gets tagged, "dville will tune it" "dville wont run 5.85" "dville+diesel=#1tunna" "sam sucks" "dville+sam 4ever" etc. etc.
                lol you only tune chevys
                2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                  I am highly considering selling my F150, and picking up a F250. 7.3 or 6.0. I might also consider a 5.4 or V10, but I would rather have a diesel. I can get 19-20 in my truck, and 16 in the city. It is a 5.4 3v. What also would I need to consider with buying a diesel, as far as things that break, or go wrong with them? I know I could google this crap, but I would rather hear people that actually have them, and there opinion.
                  I got an 01' F250 CC 4X4 w/ the 7.3. When it was stock I got about 18 on the highway on a trip to Austin and back.
                  www.cowlgaugeconcepts.com and on Facebook

Comment

That is better then I thought. I like the changes in 03, what should I look for as problem areas?

lol you only tune chevys
                    Search out the info on the 6.0's. I had a 200k warranty on mine, so I wasn't worried, but ended still have to have the heads replaced around 40k miles if I recall correctly, had the dealer install head studs and that took care of most the issues, although I had to have head gaskets replaced at 120k and studs retorqued. Outside of that, I really liked the truck, but know you'll have to spend money to get it right.

Comment

lol you only tune chevys
                      Get head studs, and egr delete most of the problems are right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Search out the info on the 6.0's. I had a 200k warranty on mine, so I wasn't worried, but ended still have to have the heads replaced around 40k miles if I recall correctly, had the dealer install head studs and that took care of most the issues, although I had to have head gaskets replaced at 120k and studs retorqued. Outside of that, I really liked the truck, but know you'll have to spend money to get it right.
                        I remember not to long ago this coming up. Thanks for your help.
                        Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                        Get head studs, and egr delete most of the problems are right there.
                        Most of the 6.0s already have the egr delete. I will find out about if they have had the studs put in the heads, that is a big issue, when I researched it.
                        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

6.0 is a money pit and a 7.3 runs like a stuck turd.

I'd suggest a duramax gmc because they're coola' and faster.

Or spill the beans on a 08+ 6.4.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                            6.0 is a money pit and a 7.3 runs like a stuck turd.

I'd suggest a duramax gmc because they're coola' and faster.

Or spill the beans on a 08+ 6.4.
                            Blasphemy!!!
                            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Blasphemy!!!
                              I've never been in a 6.0 but I have been in a stock 7.3 and they are slow as balls. I think it takes somewhere around 10 minutes to hit 80mph. It's a good truck for working because it won't die but screw that they're no fun.

I have been in a chipped dirty max though, that truck would move!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                              X