Anyone work for ford service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work for ford service

So my mom's 05 GT wont start sometimes and after 2 weeks of fucking with it our mechanic said it's the theft coding or whatever that's causing the car not to start sometimes. My Mechanic said ford has to go in and recode it or something. Anyone have the hook up to fix this stupid fucking problem or do I have the pony up?

Recode it? I've been a tech at a ford dealer for 14 years and have never heard that.. if the theft light is flashing and its not cranking its either leaving communication with the PCM for some reason or its a PATS issue. If they keep messing you around PM me.

Comment

It's a PATS issue. For me it was the transceiver in the steering column that was bad. It'll throw a p1260. I just had PATS disabled in the tune file as a work around.

Try using the 2nd key to rule out it being a key transponder problem.

Comment

Well they said it's not throwing any codes

Comment

I've never replaced a tranciever in a 05 and up.

Comment

Sometimes the PATS key can be faulty/corrupt. New key maybe?
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

if its not throwing any codes than you can almost rule out PATS completely. Most PATS issues throw P1260 for theft immobilization and the theft light will flash rapidly.

Comment

is she the original owner? Ive seen many aftermarket alarms cause funny issues (Im a Ford Tech in Austin).

Comment

Working...
                X