Explorer rear end differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer rear end differences

Is there any difference between the 6cyl and 8cyl explorer rear ends from the late 90's? The junk yard part finders ask the question when you are searching. Looking for a 3L73 or 4L10 rear to shorten. Going under a 63 Ranchero.

Wayne in FW

No difference between the V6 and V8 BUT there are different combos. With or without disc and T-Loc. Mercs have track bars.

I have one under my 66 and my 69 Mustangs.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
      No difference between the V6 and V8 BUT there are different combos. With or without disc and T-Loc. Mercs have track bars.

I have one under my 66 and my 69 Mustangs.
      depending on the year...

Id bet the flange for the driveshaft changes between the two, they have different shafts listed as well. Who knows.

I used a mustang 8.8....
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

All I need is just the housing, gears, and brakes. I think all of the 96+ have disc brakes. Shortning the long side axle with short side axle makes it almost identical to the 60-63 Falcon width (shorter than the 65 Mustang). I might have to take a look at the driveshaft flange though.

Wayne in FW

Comment

where are you located?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            where are you located?

Parker County

Comment

Working...
            X