Accord Clutch Issue - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accord Clutch Issue - HELP!

The clutch in my 2001 Accord started acting up. It will randomly not want to go in gear, sometimes the pedal will stick to the floor, and the engage point feels different all the time. I'm pretty sure there is air in the system.

I checked the fluid level and it is good. No leaks.

A visual inspection shows that the hydraulic line going into the slave cylinder has play in it. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to. The threaded fittings are tight. There is a hole right by it, and I think there should be a pin in there, which there isn’t one. I can push a small allen wrench straight through the hole.

Will someone familiar with Hondas please take a look at this short video I took? And will you confirm if the pin (part #4) in the attached picture is what I need to fix my problem? I know I'll need to bleed the system once I get the problem resolved. This is my daily and I need to fix it this weekend. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Another question... is part #6 in the diagram threaded into the slave cylinder? Or pressed in and secured by the pin? If it's threaded in, I just might need to tighten and bleed.

Comment

There should be a pin in it, u have to knock it out to remove the line for slave cyl change. #6 looks like the bleeder screw and is threaded.

Comment

same thing happened in my 96..... bleed it....may fix it....but in the end the master cyld needed to be replaced.

to bleed, locate your slave on the trans, pop off that rubber boot cover....think its like a 10 or 8 mm for the bleeder, have someone pump while you bleed...same as brakes or even better if you have a vacuum puller to pull fluid throught it.

had my accord for alittle over 4 years, had to replace the clutch master first year i had it, and had to replace it again last year i had it.
        Last edited by thedriver33; 06-01-2012, 02:35 PM.
        Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Thanks. Duh on my part on the bleeder valve. I guess I need to order a pin, it should not fit loose in the slave cylinder, right? You think the wobbling is my problem?

Comment

Working...
          X