Anyone use HPX Blow through meters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use HPX Blow through meters?

I'd like to buy a 3" tube and slot style meter. No injector calibration is necessary. Anyone on this site use the HPX meters?

Yes - They work pretty well

Comment

ive had one in my car running for 3 years now, absolutely no problems. And tuners love it because of the ease of programming etc.. got mine with 3" housing from VMPtuning.com
      2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Is the MAF Transfer table provided accurate enough to get the thing runnig right out of the box? I will be swapping to MAF, 60# injectors, S-Trim, and intercooler all at once. I really hate having to do it all at once but it appears that meter won't work well without the Vortech push some air through it. No more speed density for me. This is in my 93 Lightning.

Comment

Would it be preferred over a PMAS in a blow through setup. I'm running a 3.5" Tube PMAS on mine. It's calibrated for 60's but I've stepped up to 80's now.

Comment

I'm going with the PMAS HPX slot in a 3" pipe after the intercooler. I hope the MAF Transfer values that come with it are close enough to at least get the thing to go into closed loop at idle.

Comment

Mine is not the slot style meter.

Comment

I hope my experience is a positive one. 13's or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                  Mine is not the slot style meter.
                  Yours should be fine, with a Tune. As long as it doesn't peg.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                    I'm going with the PMAS HPX slot in a 3" pipe after the intercooler. I hope the MAF Transfer values that come with it are close enough to at least get the thing to go into closed loop at idle.

If it doesn't make it into closed loop. Just look at your wideband while in open loop and rough it in until u can rely on your closed loop feedback.

Not a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Prime-Tuning.com View Post
                      Yours should be fine, with a Tune. As long as it doesn't peg.

so far neither of the tuners that have worked on the car indicated it was going to peg. The most it's seen has been 23 psi through a F1-a, 4 valve navigator heads (stock with stock 96-98 cobra cams), and 8k rpm.

Comment

You should be good to go then.

Comment

Working...
                        X