clutch suggestions for a pro charged camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch suggestions for a pro charged camaro

I'm in the market for a new clutch. I've got mixed reviews on everything I've read on the web so far. The car is a 96 and makes around 500hp, I'm looking for a clutch that won't have a problem holding that, won't shit out on me like the spec in my tbird is doing, and can be easily driven on the street.
    87 turbo coupe- t3/t4 super 60, tubular header, 40lb injectors, fmic.
    71 Ranchero-351c, daily driver

Don't know if the LT1 clutches interchange with the LSx stuff, but I'm pretty happy with my LS7 clutch.

Comment

I don't believe they match up. I've heard some good stuff about zoom from searching ls1tech, anyone here have any experience with any of their products?

Comment

I had a spec stage 3 in a 600whp mach1 and held up good to slicks with 6k launch.
        440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
        7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

Custom twin disc tilton.
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by 03silversnake View Post
            I had a spec stage 3 in a 600whp mach1 and held up good to slicks with 6k launch.
            Did you get a lot of chatter when normally driving the car? That's the setup that caught my eye but id think it would chatter your head off.

Comment

I've driven a 96 with a Centerforce DF and a billet fly wheel. It was fun to say the least.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 87t-coupe View Post
                Did you loget a lot of chatter when normally driving the car? That's the setup that caught my eye but id think it would chatter your head off.
                It did at first an i hated it but then it stopped i guess once it broke in.
                440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
                7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

Just ordered a stage 2. That should hold it aswell as shouldn't chatter my car to pieces. Ill report on how or goes once its in the car.

Comment

Working...
                  X