No announcement yet.

Need a kPa to (PSI) boost conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my trouble (high EGT) is coming from the low timing under 1800rpm while in vac.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Read your text messages.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        Read your text messages.
        Okay. The phone is out in my car charging. Give me a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          I think my trouble (high EGT) is coming from the low timing under 1800rpm while in vac.

The whole table under 2100rpm is a mess. No wonder your EGT is high.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
            Yep. PM sent.

Comment

are you taking into account that his base timing is set at 10*?

Comment

Have you checked your timing at the balancer and synched it all?
                Last edited by Big Thumper; 06-19-2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Thumper View Post
                  Have you checked your timing at the balancer and synched it all?
                  x2

based on that table you posted it looks like it is just adding/subtracting that from the base timing (which you indicated was set at 10*), the only problem with that theory would be that the injector timing would be off if that were the case.

just to be sure i'd check it by doing the following:

Next fire up the laptop and connect to the ems. Access the menu Configure>ECU Setup>Set Ignition. In the new window you will see arrows that advance/retard your ignition timing and you can specify a fine (about 1 degree) or course (about 10 degrees) adjustment. You will also see a check box for 'Fixed Timing' timing. Enter a standard ignition timing value in the open field and check the 'Fixed Timing' box. This means that EMS will hold the specified value regardless of the other ignition maps.

If you have an adjustable timing light, make sure it is set to zero. Start the car. Use the adjuster arrows to shift the ignition timing to your 'Fixed Timing' field. Once they match, click okay. The ignition numbers you see in the parameter window is your actual timing.

Comment

Confirmed that the posted table is ACTUAL timing not "additional to base".

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Working...
                      X