No announcement yet.

What temp are u running at with ac on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What temp are u running at with ac on?

Curious what everyone's 302 runs at when u have the ac blaring. Going to fix mine tonight. She currently runs at 195-198*F without the ac. Carbed 302 with stock sized radiator and clutch fan. Thx.

N o r m a l

Right between the o and r

Comment

Stocked size radiator is your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
        N o r m a l

Right between the o and r
        My electric temp gauge is way off. Shows my temp normally between A and L... And on other days, itll be at L or past it lol. I installed a mechanical temp gauge and that's where I he my accurate rating. Shows the same temp. Yay for 30 yr old wiring.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        Stocked size radiator is your problem.
        That may be. But this is a almost stock car. Haven't had a reason to upgrade.

Comment

My Silver Coupe runs at 180 with AC

SN95 I just picked up did 190 with AC on in stop & go traffic all the way from Lake Worth back through Fort Worth & Dallas in Traffic
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          And while his kidney stones pass,
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

In the old Panel Truck, with the AC on and cruising it stays at 180. Stopped in traffic it might get to 190 or a little higher. And this old girl has a 3 row radiator out of about a '64 - '65 Mustang.
            sigpic
            Old Fords Rule

Comment

Hm... My tstat is also a 195.

Comment

Pfff..who knows. Cool? I just remembered I'm not even running a tstat
                .....bro....

Comment

you will be fine.

Comment

Well... I sat at a gas station waiting for this guy to show since 1830 hours so I could buy his ac kit. He didn't show nor did he answer his phone. So I'll be sticking with my 2x60 ac. I'm royally pissed.

Comment

Ok so, what thermostat are u running? Currently running a 195 and it stays there. Of course of I'm sitting in traffic for a while in the 100+ degree weather it creeps up slowly to around 200-210 degrees. No ac still. Just motor and an AOD.

Comment

Mine runs about 185-205 depending if I'm on the highway or city streets. Carb 383w
                        Vortex rear stand $75
                        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                        11 4 door
                        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

no a/c on, stockish 302 carbed, stock thermo....im running 210....thats with mech guage reading. stock fan.
                          Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Just a hair over the half way mark in my fuel injected 302, stock radiator and fan shroud

Comment

Mine will creep up to 220º when the temps are over 103º outside, but normalls runs on the thermostat at 195º.

Comment

Working...
                              X