Who makes good front end parts now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes good front end parts now?

Time for some ball joints/tie rods for the F150. Back when I was in the parts business, it was Moog. I'm pretty sure Autozone stuff is junk. What brands and places is the best to get? I may go cheap, since it just rolled 280,000 miles today, but who knows how much longer I'll keep it? The Maverick is getting close to 600,000 miles!
    Thanks!
    sigpic

pffff Al Bundy scoffs at your 600,000 miles.

Comment

Call up Tousley Ford, they have the best prices on OEM and Ford Racing parts.
      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
        Call up Tousley Ford, they have the best prices on OEM and Ford Racing parts.
        It sure would be nice if we had a local parts hook up that sold at Tousley prices
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

The last 2 sets of Moog bushings that I bought for my Mark VIII were total junk. Thermo plastic crap. Each set lasted about 2 months. I ended up taking the OEM bushings from a 200,000 mile parts car and putting them in. Those bushings are still in the car in good condition many months after the Moog junk would have failed.

Try to find OEM parts if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            pffff Al Bundy scoffs at your 600,000 miles.
            Who is Al Bundy??????? LOL, I know. But that was a Duster (?) and It has taken me 4 engines, two rear ends, and about 6 driver's side seats to go those miles.

I know Carquest is crap, we use it at work, and I never see the same looking part twice, one will have a grease fitting, one won't, different colors and castings, ect... I think Raybestos is re-boxed too. I didn't really want Motorcraft, or original brown box Ford, since I didn't see them going alot of miles, and I figure they are too pricey, and less warranty. I do still have a Ford hook-up, I may see how much they go for.
            sigpic

Comment

I went with all oe on my f150, but i did get a PST kit for my falcon. I don't know how that will work out but i have heard good things.

Comment

It's all crap nowadays but moog sucks the least .
                The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
                  It's all crap nowadays but moog sucks the least .
                  That is my understanding, as well.

Comment

Jimmy at the napa in grapevine always had the best price for moog when I was doing that shit on my trucks

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                      The last 2 sets of Moog bushings that I bought for my Mark VIII were total junk. Thermo plastic crap. Each set lasted about 2 months. I ended up taking the OEM bushings from a 200,000 mile parts car and putting them in. Those bushings are still in the car in good condition many months after the Moog junk would have failed.

Try to find OEM parts if you can.
                      I installed 1 set of Moogs and a set of Duralast into Mark Viii's. I tell you what, both ended up going back out within 2 years. I recently did a set on a Continental and went with a set of OEM. Hopefully they will last.

Dylan
                      Detailing by Dylan
                      817-494-3396
                      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Working...
                      X