Fuel and/or ignition problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel and/or ignition problem?

Im trying to figure out what crapped out on my truck, so I can get the pos back on the road. Its a 91 F150, 4.9 auto 2wd. The last time it ran, it took forever to turn over (would crank, but nothing else) like the fuel pump was out. Finally got it running, and it ran like it was on 2 cylinders. Give it gas, it would die. Put it in drive, barely feather the throttle, it would barely crawl along. Put it in reverse, however, and it would move faster (not sure why). No blue/black/white smoke of any kind. Less than 5k on basic tuneup (plugs wires cap rotor). Heres a list of everything I can think of that could have caused this....
    Fuel filter
    Fuel pump
    Clogged fuel line
    Clogged injector(s)
    Clogged/bad fuel pressure regulator
    Worn/cracked vacuum line(s)
    ECM
    Coil
    Ignition Control Module
    IAC
    TPS

Reason I mention clogged lines, pressure reg, and injectors is due to hearing that ethanol is corossive to older rubber fuel lines, and that bits of rubber that come off the line beyond the filter have been known to clog them.

Also, I plan on eventually replacing most/all of the things on that list, but would be nice to get it running and driving sooner than that.

Any thoughts, suggestions that dont involve the scrap yard, fire, a cliff, or anything like it will be appreciated.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

ECT and IAT. Had the same issue on a 92 5.0L and it was the ECT.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      ECT and IAT. Had the same issue on a 92 5.0L and it was the ECT.
      ECT and IAT being....? Idle air and computer? Sorry, im tired and my brain isnt working properly...

"We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
        ECT and IAT being....? Idle air and computer? Sorry, im tired and my brain isnt working properly...

Sorry, engine coolant temperature and intake air temperature.

Comment

Working...
        X