Anybody know what spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what spring

Hey anybody know what the factory spring rate is for my 94 GT ? I am order some better lowering springs but im curious how theyll feel . You know the ride quality and all that . Id like to compare the number .

I don’t have the spring rates for a 94 but I do have this for comparative purposes.

99-04----- FRONT----------------------REAR
    V6--------400----- ------------------190
    GT--------400-500-------------------165-265
    V6 `vert--400------------------------165-265
    GT `vert--400-500 -------------------165-265

84 – 93

Base----- 370 (400 - 93)--------------160
    GT------- 425-525 (425-530 87+)----- 200-300

FMS C springs have a spring rate of 650 lb/in front and 200-300 lb/in rear
    Steeda Sport springs (650 front and 200-250 rear)
    Eibach Sport springs (660 front and 260 rear)

Comment

Hmm kind of a wide variance there 165-265

I guess they saying that there could be up to 100lbs difference ? Well im not sure if thats measured in lbs .

Comment

The spring rates with two numbers are for progressive rate springs.

EXAMPLE:

"165-265" would be a progressive rate spring
        "190" would be a specific rate spring

Comment

Oh ok thanks makes sense . They strongly recommend i buy these with my springs . Are they necessary or even worth it ? Mine is a 94 though .

Comment

i have c springs on my vert, and i want it lower. also the bump stop should be included with any springs you get. i know my eibachs did.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Naw it wasnt in there . Is it necessary or can i go without it ?

Comment

Well this going to be the first time i change springs . Anything special like torque specifications for the shock nuts ? I plan to just drop the A-arm and control arms so the spring pressure gets release and the spring just fall out .

Comment

I know a few more people interested in those spring

I email the company and they are 250 in the rear, 450 in the front . Probly why some people say they didnt really notice a difference from stock springs .

Comment

You won't have any trouble. What springs did you get? Take before and after pics!!

God bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I just got the el cheapos they sell at LMRS . I think they SVE . An in-house brand . But there are a lot of good talk about them on other forums so i took the gamble .

Comment

Working...
                      X