flash tuning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash tuning help

i installed a cold air intake to my 06 gt yesterday and tuned it with a diablo tuner, since the install i have little power at any throttle position under 2k rpms and the idle jumps around. and it throws a check engine light for system too lean, ive gone into the tuner and changed air table parameters and fuel table to combat this but it still throws the light an acts up. if anyone could help me out with some advice it would be greatly appreciated

Might have a vacume leak ? Or maybe fuel pump can't keep up with all that extra hp from your intake and to0ner
    Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
    03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Vacuum ^

And it sounds like a mass air flow issue, or even a leak behind the mass air flow sensor and before the throttle body. It's leaning out enough to run like ass so it should be pretty obvious to find the problem.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Btw, reset the tune to stock until you get it figured out. No sense in trying to patch a problem, that will just lead to problems and drivability issues later down the road.

With just changing the CAI it shouldt need any adjustments to run properly. Sure you can gain a few extra hp from it with some tuning but it isn't needed.

Unless you changed the MAF housing with the CAI, and that can cause metering issues. But in this case it sounds like a big hose is off or your tube clamps are loose.

Does the 3v have the same IACV as a 2v? There's a giant vacuum hose that comes off of it and into the intake tube, and when that comes off your problems happen. So check that!

Comment

S197 GT's will barely run, if at all, with most aftermarket CAI without a corresponding tune to make up for the difference in airflow form the stock set up. There are a number of points in the tune that have to be addressed to make it right. You will not "sneak" up on it by randomly plugging in more of anything. Either order a canned tune from someone, or take it to one of the local shops and let them do it.

Comment

^ that's lame.

Why is that? Is the stock set up that restrictive or what? Seems weird to me that changing the inlet tube and filter would need a change in the tune. If it changes the MAF housing, then that I can understand wholeheartedly.

Comment

Not sure, I'm no tuner. It seems to be a combination of the MAF placement in the tube, and the shape of the tube, affecting air flow and how it reads. The 6 cylinder cars are the same, won't even start with an aftermarket CAI without a corresponding tune.

Comment

It's not that it is restriction, but when you change the intake you change the sampling area of the maf. You go from a 3 inch surface area to a 4 inch area.

Comment

thanks guys for the help, im just takin it off an holdin off till i start droppin in cams an other goodies to put it back on,no sense it dickin around with it this much ti have to change everything back around when i start moding it more.i just thought it was a drop in an go thing like it was on a fox or sn95

Comment

Working...
                  X