anyone rebuilt a geo metro 1.0 (g10)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
    The head i installed is a 3tech, decked for 11-11.5:1 compression, stainless swirl valves, the 218/350 cam and the +10* cam wheel.

@GroveRat the buggy weighed 1012 lbs with the previous motor in it, i bet it's no more than 1100 now.

@aceman the plan is build something not n/a over time but for now the buggy came with a 1.0 so until it gets trashed i'm not spending any time re-engineering this thing. mated with the 4 speed manual it's not as much of a pig as you'd think.

My 3Tech head was shaved for about 10.5:1 compression and I had to run 93 to prevent it from pinging. You might want to run some 100 octane and advance the timing more. You need to do a short video clip of the motor at idle. Mine lopped like crazy, I'm sure yours will too!

For reference, my 96 Geo Metro had a stock weight of 1900 pounds. If you've added a good bit of power to it as well as almost dropping the weight in half then it's gonna move!!
    Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
      My 3Tech head was shaved for about 10.5:1 compression and I had to run 93 to prevent it from pinging. You might want to run some 100 octane and advance the timing more. You need to do a short video clip of the motor at idle. Mine lopped like crazy, I'm sure yours will too!

For reference, my 96 Geo Metro had a stock weight of 1900 pounds. If you've added a good bit of power to it as well as almost dropping the weight in half then it's gonna move!!
      Soon as i get the coolant leak from the thermostat housing fixed, i need to warm her up and make sure everything is good. i'll get some pics/vid up once i get it all thrown back together.

Comment

sorry for the size

Comment

i could dig the shit out of that. yeah wheelbase and track width
          http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by coley View Post
            I have two of them metros if someone wants to buy them
            How much for one?

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
              i could dig the shit out of that. yeah wheelbase and track width
              front tires center to center 60"
              rear tires 64"

center front to center rear wheel is like 7'2

Comment

A little funny facts about the G10 for those that don't know;

1. I found a short block in a junk yard one time that still had the alternator attached. I was on the phone with my brother so I reached down and picked up the short block with one hand. It was maybe 60 or 70 pounds!

2. In order to torque the head bolts, you need to find a 12 point 10 mm socket.

3. Even with the head deck shaved to increase compression from a factory 9.0:1 to 10.5:1, the motor was still a non-interference engine.
                Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

my block had 6 point 12mm head bolts in it, but i swapped to the 3tech reuseable ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 02greyGT View Post
                    How much for one?
                    Package deal only, 600 firm
                    they will scrap for almost five hundred

Comment

Working...
                    X