Choices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choices...

As you know I bought a car from someone here on the board. I was unsure of the condition of the motor so I took it to True Street on Saturday. When I got there, we noticed that the car was smoking a blue grey smoke out the exhaust.

I asked them to do a leakdown/compression test so that I would know what I should do next (sell blower, build motor, and run NA or keep blower, convert to Mass Air, and then tune).

The leakdown test showed that there was no leakdown so we decided to do a compression test to see if it was piston rings or something in the cylinder heads. We quickly saw that there was a problem in the heads as the compression was 180 in each cylinder. It appears that the valve stem seals, or seats, are allowing oil into the exhaust chamber; therefore causing the smoke problem.

So I am left with the decision on what to do next. I am definately keeping the blower, but I need to get the heads off the car and that issue resolved.

My question is:

1) Would you do a quick valve job, replace valve stem seals, and re-install the E7 heads

2) Find a set of nice aluminum heads and install them

The car is a daily driver and has cold A/C. I want to keep the power level between 400 - 430 and continue to enjoy it. There are numerous other things that need to be completed on this car (suspension, paint work, interior, and a few odds/ends) so money has to be well spent.

The car is not a Mass Air car so I will also incur that expense to convert it as well.

Please provide your thoughts/suggestions!

Thanks,

Robert

Looks like a good time to buy some aluminium heads. I would just buy some trick flows and carry on.
    One day at a time.

Comment

that sucks man!
      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by onjacks View Post
        Looks like a good time to buy some aluminium heads. I would just buy some trick flows and carry on.
        This. You'll be wasting money fucking with e7's

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          that sucks man!
          Shit happens!

Comment

Fix the E7's and keep it running while you spend the $$$ on the other things the car needs to be a nice daily. When your car is otherwise where you want it to be then look into the aluminum heads as a performance upgrade.

Comment

whatever you do, spend alot of money and brag about it on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                whatever you do, spend alot of money and brag about it on here!
                Dont think so...

Comment

Shop for some nice used aluminum heads. Don't pull it apart till you find some. Pull the belt off and drive it till you get heads and maf convertion parts. Then its only a weekend project rebuild! Lol
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bluecouperedvert View Post
                    shop for some nice used aluminum heads. Don't pull it apart till you find some. Pull the belt off and drive it till you get heads and maf convertion parts. Then its only a weekend project rebuild! Lol
                    bingo!

Comment

If you want a set of e7 I will give you a set I have in my garage. They had 40-50k on them when I took them off.
                      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

You bought a car from Mike Brindamour, I told you, you would get fucked over in some way. I just didn't catch it before you bought the car. I can guarantee there will be more stuff wrong and I also bet all the stuff he said is on the car, isn't.

THE GUY IS A FUCKING THIEF!!! Good luck dude!
                        Ded

Comment

Also, the guy isn't a board member, the only time he's ever posted was to lure someone into a scam.
                          He is just some shitbag with a user name here.

Let me know if you need any help dude.
                          Ded

Comment

If money isn't a big deal, i'd go for the aluminum heads. They will help keep the gasket under boost and give you a bump in power so you don't have to run a tiny pulley.

Comment

Check the classifieds over in Canada, someone is selling some brand new pro comp 210's for $500.

Comment

Working...
                              X