PATS problem 98 Expedition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATS problem 98 Expedition

Like everything on this car it was intermittent but now Im finially stuck with a dead car, searching for info on the PATS for Ford doesnt help much......I think from what Ive read that if the PATS system fails completely then the car wont even crank....mine will still crank but wont start.. it turns over but the theft light is flashing and wont fire off, I have two aftermarket keys that are approx 5-6 years old, both keys do the same thing... any ideas?

Chad

With both keys not working it's most likely the tranceiver in the steering column. You probably have a P1260

Disabling PATS is the quick solution.

And yes, it's not going to start. If you were to put a gauge on the fuel rail, you'd see about 12psi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Everywhere I have read there isnt way to disable the pats, can you? If I want to replace the transciever do I have to take it to the dealship or can I do it myself?

Comment

Pm Andy screen name Prime-Tuning.com. he can turn off the pats system for you in the tune.
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
          Pm Andy screen name Prime-Tuning.com. he can turn off the pats system for you in the tune.
          Yep. I had him do that on my '03. My '00 GT left me stranded once due to PATS non~sense. Easily avoided with a mouse click on tuning software.

Fyi~ No PATS on super duty PCMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

holy long time no see!!!
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
            X