Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-150 tsb 07-21-3

Greetings,
    Does anyone have access to the TSB listed (07-21-3)? I have an '08 that has a power steering line leak and the dealership wants an arm and a leg to replace it. Looks like I can get the part for 50-80 dollars, just trying to determine if it is deceivingly hard or if it's just the easy to replace. Plus, I've never bled a power steering line of air, so before I research that - seeing if it is in the TSB.

Thank you!
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Printable View (68 KB)
    TSB
    07-21-3 HIGH PRESSURE POWER STEERING LINE SEEPAGE - COLD CLIMATES ONLY (EXCLUDING HERITAGE F-150)

Publication Date: October 5, 2007

FORD: 2004-2008 F-150
    LINCOLN: 2006-2008 Mark LT

ISSUE:
    Some 2004-2008 F-150 (Excluding Heritage F-150) and 2006-2008 Mark LT vehicles may encounter a concern of a power steering fluid seepage from tears in the high pressure line hose material due to prolonged exposure to -20 °F (-29 °C) and below, specifically climates in areas such as Alaska and Northern Canada.

ACTION:
    Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

A new service only part has been developed which will resolve this concern on vehicles operating in this environment. Use of the part in warmer climates may result in increased incidents of steering shudder.

Remove and replace the power steering line with the service only part listed, following Work Shop Manual, Section 211-02.

NOTE: USE OF THIS PART IN WARMER CLIMATES COULD RESULT IN LOW SPEED STEERING SHUDDER AND OTHER NVH RELATED COMPLAINTS.

NOTE: WHILE REPAIRING THE POWER STEERING SYSTEM, CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN TO PREVENT THE ENTRY OF FOREIGN MATERIAL OR FAILURE OF THE POWER STEERING COMPONENTS MAY RESULT.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
    8L3Z-3A719-A Power Steering Hose (4.6L 4X2)
    8L3Z-3A719-B Power Steering Hose (5.4L 4X2)
    8L3Z-3A719-C Power Steering Hose (4.6L 4X4)
    8L3Z-3A719-D Power Steering Hose (5.4L 4X4/AWD)
    8L3Z-3A719-E Power Steering Hose (4.2L 4X2)

WARRANTY STATUS:
    Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
    IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
    072103A 2005-2008 F150 4.2L: Replace The Power Steering Pressure Hose (Do Not Use With 3719A) 0.8 Hr.
    072103A 2005-2008 F150 4.6L: Replace The Power Steering Pressure Hose (Do Not Use With 3719A) 1.4 Hrs.
    072103A 2005-2008 F150, 2006-2008 Mark LT 5.4L 3V: Replace The Power Steering Pressure Hose (Do Not Use With 3719A) 1.1 Hrs.

DEALER CODING
    BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
    3A719 d4

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      just trying to determine if it is deceivingly hard or if it's just the easy to replace. Plus, I've never bled a power steering line of air, so before I research that - seeing if it is in the TSB.

Thank you!
      Is it a 4X4? if not, its not too bad.

18mm crow's foot with long extension will make getting line off pump a TON easier. Bleeding is not much of an issue just replacing a line.
      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
        Is it a 4X4? if not, its not too bad.

18mm crow's foot with long extension will make getting line off pump a TON easier. Bleeding is not much of an issue just replacing a line.
        Okay, sounds good. It is just a 2 wheel drive...08. Thank you.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Take off oil filter. Makes it a tad easier. Not a hard job.... unless you do it for a living........
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Working...
          X